1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

attaching legs to a standing turkey form

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by 1stturkey, Apr 28, 2007.

1. 1stturkey

1stturkey Member

I hope this is an easy question to answer for someone because as I'm trying my first turkey mount & I'm not real sure exactly how/where to attach the legs on this form. It's the Danny Owens' "Masters' Series" standing form from Van Dyke's. It's supposed to be indexed for leg & wing attachment but I'm not 100% certain just where/how the legs attach. There is a thigh molded into the form and what appears to be part of the drumstick but I'm not sure if it actually is the drumstick or just the end of the thigh. If it is partially molded drumstick it seems I need to notch part of the form so I can insert the bone into it but then the leg angle doesn't seem right. Or does it just attach to the edge of what appears to be the molded thigh?

I guess I'm just not sure if what's molded into the form is only thigh or is also part of the drumstick. My guess & hope is the former is the case but want to be sure before I proceed.

Thanks

2. JLW

JLW Member

Contact Breakthrogh Magazine and get issues 66,67,68. Has pretty much everything you nwill need to know about mounting turkeys. Cally Morris does a good job of explaining everything. LOL Wagner's Taxidermy

3. 1stturkey

1stturkey Member

I do have those issues & you are right, they are very good step by step instructions. The form used there though is different from what I have so the leg attachment points are not as obvious. I think I know where they'll need to be attached on the form I have but just am not 100% certain.

Thanks

p.s. What is Wagner's taxidermy?