1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

SCI No. 1 World Record Striped Hyena Skull

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by wildwoodpark, Jun 11, 2012.

1. wildwoodpark

wildwoodpark Member

I have for sale the SCI No. 1 World Record Striped Hyena skull in perfect condition. Price is $1000. Please send inquiries and/or request for pictures to: [email protected]

2. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

If your in the US I wouldn't be posting that online.
    If your not, I wouldn't sell it to anyone in the states....

3. wildwoodpark

wildwoodpark Member

I DOUBLE checked with the US Fish and Wildlife Department and (despite what you might see on various websites) they have assured me that the Striped Hyena is NOT endangered and can be sold without issue in the States. The reason I called them was because a fella from Australia originally wanted to buy the skull and I needed to check on the legality of selling and shipping it internationally. I have the name and number of the USFW official who confirmed to me that it was completely legal, if anyone wants to check themselves. Bottom line -- according to the USFW, there are no legal restrictions or issues whatsoever with a Striped Hyena skull.

4. wildwoodpark

wildwoodpark Member

Here are some pictures of the skull. As you can see, it's in excellent condition with all teeth, including the molars. It measures 9-5/8" x 6-2/8", for a score of 15-7/8", beating the existing SCI World Record score for an African Striped Hyena of 15-4/8" by 3/8". The skull was never registered by the hunter with SCI. I obtained it from his widow.

Attached Files: