1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How many people ask you?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Brian, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Brian

Brian Active Member

Seems nobody knows the difference between a fox and a coyote or a coyote and a wolf. Cant find many customers that know the difference between a Lynx and a bobcat either. All i hear lately is look honey a wolf. not. its a coyote. or look at the fox. meanwhile its a coyote. i have a lifesize lynx mounted and all the time its wow look at the bobcat. is it me or do most people these days don't have a friggin clue. its actually hilarious and i just shut up and laugh to myself half the time.

2. It shocks me the amount of people who don't know the difference between an antelope and a deer, or moose and caribou!! How do you become an adult and go thru school not knowing this kinda stuff!???

3. Heck

Heck Active Member

Wait till they look at the elk on your wall and say, "Wow, that is a nice moose!". ......WTH???? Lol

4. Keyda81

Keyda81 I'd rather be weird than normal

My life size coyote mount gets mistaken for a wolf all the time. It is a darker colored one with some unique markings, but clearly it's a coyote, to me anyway, lol.

5. WST

WST New Member

I've had some guys tell me my wife is a fox. I just say no shes a dog.

6. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I don't know why this surprises any of you. A generation that doesn't know how to make change from a dollar without a calculator or that we dropped an atom bomb on Japan?????? He can't speak in a complete sentence and types in hieroglyphics and you want him to understand American wildlife???? Get real.

7. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Good one.

8. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

Perfect!

9. cht

cht New Member

And the parents that bring the kids in the showroom and say look honey a fox when it's a coyote. They must have had parents much like themselves. I have a very red coyote in my showroom that some customers say it has to be part fox. LMAO

10. Its better then customers comeing into your shop and look at your mounts, and say this "Man you are great at making everything look like road kill."

11. Re: Re: How many people ask you?

If I get told u do a great job stuffing one more time I'm going to flip my lid

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

12. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

A guy once asked a ranger in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park how long it takes for a deer to turn into an elk! I looked at the ranger and said, "What do you think? About four to five million years"? If this doesn't show genuine stupidity, I don't know what does.

13. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Cooter,
    You do a great job stuffing!

14. Dave H

Dave H New Member

ohio
    the best one yet. Local BIG TRAPPER guy calls me and says he caught a cool looking coyote an dwants it tanned. He brings it in skinned frozen skin side out. I thaw it out and start to flesh it. It's obvious that something is not right. I turn it hair side out and it's a siberian husky. You can even see where it had a collar on at one time.

I called him and told him he caught the neighbors dog. he just couldn't believe it, i told him to stop over and get it, he said well just throw it away.

15. Re: Re: How many people ask you?

There went my lid lol got to love smart a$$ comments that's actually why I log on here daily for it makes me smile now.time for bed

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

16. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I have a mule deer in a n open mouth pose in my shop. A guy comes in and chuckles to himself and show some disbelief in the mount. I asked what was wrong. He said " I can't believe you do this great mount and forget to put in the upper front teeth." I educated him and all was well. I was telling my dad about it and was floored when this veteran deer hunter who kills at least one deer a year for the last 60 years, says "I didn't know they didn't have upper teeth in the front." What? How could you not know? He said He never had a reason to look in the mouth,good point. I am amazed that some hunters will argue with you that a deers ears are always foreword and only a trip to the reference photo album settles the argument.

17. aspenangler@hotmail.com

[email protected] B+______><(((°>______><(((°>

We dropped an atom bomb on Japan?? ;D

18. RICKP

RICKP Let'er Buck

Yes, and Bob Hope was a famous person.... (Go ahead,, who's BH)

19. Riverland

Riverland New Member

My favorite two are. "you do all this?" As they look in my show room. And "are you fulltime". I have a 3000 square foot shop with a store front on a highway.

20. lizardguts

lizardguts skull collector

I was at the Omaha zoo one time and I heard a woman call a tiger a lion. It boggles the mind.