1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy Supply CO.

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by theguyyouknowtaxidermy, Jun 14, 2012.

1. theguyyouknowtaxidermy

theguyyouknowtaxidermy The Guy You Know Taxidermy<Daniel Elkins>

I have been looking at a bunch of small taxidermy supply companies that have prices a lot cheaper than WASCO. WASCO will sell an advrage deer form for like 50+ dollars. I have been finding them for a little over 30 dollars from these small guys. It seems like the small guys prices are better on everything, clay, needles, and coon mounts. a coon form WASCO will cost a 100 dollar bill after shipping. The small companies will have them for like 40+.

My question is where do most of you guys buy form? Is there bad forms to stay away from?

2. Wild Images

Wild Images New Member

I shop all the supply companies and buy the form that suits the mount that I want to produce the best.
    Price your work accordingly and you will not have to worry about the cost of the form. Buy your other
    supplies where you get the best prices and remember that alot of things can be picked up locally and
    saves on shipping.

3. theguyyouknowtaxidermy

I agree that my price should cover the form, but I would like to find a good product at a good price, so that I can give a competitive price.

4. RICKP

RICKP Let'er Buck

It's not all about the price for a form. You need to check out the quality. I have seen some of those $30 forms (not all) and they are built very sloppy.
    If the price for a quality form is to much for you, adjust your price's.

5. Joe Coombs... enough said!

6. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Danial are you aware that WASCO is the sponsor of this site. If you are not liking their price look at other suppliers but don't come on to WASCO site and complain about their price. They provide this site for all of us to enjoy and learn. And the price of the form is no big deal since it is the customer who is paying for it. Cheaper is not always better! Good luck
    Regards, Geno

7. Re: Re: Taxidermy Supply CO.

One thing you'll learn is cheaper ain't always better I always find myself in mckenzie catalogue since well they own bout every. Supply company mine as well buy from them

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. theguyyouknowtaxidermy

I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I am not really bashing WASCO I just trying to find a good price and product. I do think that I have a responsibility to try to give a good price to who ever i am doing work for. I am not a real taxidermist. I just play with this in hopes to be one day.

9. Re: Re: Taxidermy Supply CO.

Well mckenzie has a larger selection and so does van dykes I order all my forms from them and paint from WASCO

10. theguyyouknowtaxidermy

Is there a brand or model of Forms that you should stay away from?

11. Bob Mead

Bob Mead Mead Taxidermy Studio, LLC

Just do your research, dude. Everybody has their preferences.

12. theguyyouknowtaxidermy

What do you think I am doing by asking?

If someone told me that they was looking for a good chainsaw I would not point them to pulan pro if you know what I mean.

13. IDForkHorn

IDForkHorn Common sense just isn't that common anymore

Trufit is pretty cheap on fish supplies!!! But i prefere Research for everything else.

14. Re: Re: Taxidermy Supply CO.

I can't like research forms to but i don't like them with southern deer but my favorite forms are hd series

15. tem

tem Well-Known Member

i was once one of those guys that bought the $30.00 forms. thought i was saving money. but by the time i got done fixing it up from the faults in it. i was loosing money. there OK i guess for those $200.00 guys. get the best. a few have been mention above.

16. http://issuu.com/treyodell/docs/www.ozarkwoods.net?mode=window&backgroundColor=%23222222

You know I am amzed at the number of huge smart people in taxidermy. the ones that think they have to do a lot of work on a form to make it right.

What is right????/ Its your opinion and nothing else, nothing in the world is right, every animal is different, every fish, every deer, dont think so look at humans, even we are different and hell we are all 50th cousins they say.

17. http://issuu.com/treyodell/docs/www.ozarkwoods.net?mode=window&backgroundColor=%23222222

You know I am amzed at the number of huge smart people in taxidermy. the ones that think they have to do a lot of work on a form to make it right.

What is right????/ Its your opinion and nothing else, nothing in the world is right, every animal is different, every fish, every deer, dont think so look at humans, even we are different and hell we are all 50th cousins they say.

18. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

The cheap materials are for the cheap azz guys that won't spend $6 at McDonald's on their wife, or will complain if they had to. That mentality isn't wrong, it just isn't a quality way of thinking. The customer pays for the materials, you just put it together for him. Charge him cheap, and you are then handcuffed to cheap materials.

19. minehill

minehill Member

Joe Coombs and mckenzie

20. theguyyouknowtaxidermy

No, everybody is missing the point. I am not talking cheap, I am talking good prices.

does a home builder go to lowes or home depot to buy the majority of materials. no they go to whole sales, Just last year I built a 1000 yard rifle. in shooting long range there is no room for cheap. Just one example where i did not follow the crowd and just buy things where everybody else buys things at, is my scope. I wanted a Leupold mark 4 lrt. Well that is what I got, the only thing is I did not go to bass pro and pay two thousand dollars for it, my gunsmith can buy straight from the factory and I got it for 1175. Is the light bulb turning on yet.
    I dont care what industry you are in, the professionals always buy from other places then your average joe. my dad owns a mechanic shop. He does not get his parts from autozone or napa. no he gets better deals else where.
    So in the taxidermy world. where is the place with the good deals?