1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Happy Father's Day

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by 1fish2fish, Jun 17, 2012.

1. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

Just wanted to post a Happy Father's Day to all the Dad "fishheads" on the net. For me, it was my father who got me involved in fishing, and he is a large part of why I developed such a passion for the sport and enjoy fish taxidermy today.
    Best, Scott

2. den007

den007 Active Member

Same here. Dad was with me here "up north" today. His card showed a small bluegill cradled by a big hand that reminded me so much of my first cane pole ventures. Who would have guessed where this would lead. It would have been nothing without my father, and his father before him. He brought with a pic from WW1 of my Grandpa on a true "warhorse."

I ponder.....my Grandpa.......30 years more or less after the Little Bighorn. A bit over 40 from the Civil War. No Televisions, trans-Atlantic flights, computers, DVD's........not even orange juice in the winter. Where is it we have come? Is it all better? I suspect not.

What an age we have lived in. If we do live on, I only want to view the future from a screen. Not sure I could deal with the kind of utopia we have been duped into believing will be the future. I am thinking more like Road Warrior.

Thanks Dad, for the simple things......a flexible pole, hook, line, and worm. That I understand, and appreciate.

I think every fish head has a Dad (or Mom) to thank.