1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Snow Geese Wanted

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by stuffa1, Jun 19, 2012.

1. stuffa1

stuffa1 Member

hi,
    i am looking to buy 2 snow geese mounted or skins for a museum project.
    can anyone help.

simon
    [email protected]

2. I have one dead shot adult snow goose if you want him. He's free, shot bird, may have a shot wing or be bloody, but he's free. You get to pay postage express mail overnight from Fresno CA.
    If interested, give me a call.
    Always glad to help.

Bob Jungman
    Fresno Ca.
    (559) 269-3336

Bob
    Call me.

3. stuffa1

stuffa1 Member

hi bob,
    thank you for replying
    i actually need this shipping to holland as a skin is that something you could do ? of course i would pay you for doing that.

regards

simon

4. AH7

AH7 New Member

Do you have all the paperwork? Most of us are in the US, and we shy away from all of the reams of paperwork that it would take for international transactions. I'd recommend calling one of your local taxidermists and discussing the matter with him/her. She/he will know more than most of us about where something like this can be attained in Holland.

With that said, the resident European bird guy on here is a genius named Wouter (http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=28023). I’ll bet he can help.

5. Holland??
    Isn't that just East of Texas or somewhere?? Man, that's out there.
    Here in California, we can't think that far East, or is it really West, if I go far enough??
    Still, you're welcome to him but.....I tried to ship some surf scooters to The Netherlands, and I talked to import companys, export companys, the FedEx, the airlines, and spent all kinds of time on it. I skinned, scraped salted and did all I could for a few surf scooters, a lot of work to gift a few birds, but no one would legally deliver or accecpt in that country so we ended up tossing those bird skins. One fear was the preservitve powder, if any slipped out of the bag or box, imagine the caos that would cause at the postal or FedEx place. I don't have enough insurance or guns to deal with the feds on that issue to find out it is not a real hazzard.
    If you can figure how to get this snow goose from this country to yours, he's yours.
    Good Luck.
    Bob Jungman
    [email protected]

Always glad to help.