1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Question about sending to CA...?

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by RiverHowl, Jun 19, 2012.

1. RiverHowl

RiverHowl One Crafty Wolfette.

I didn't know where else to post this since it has to do with a friend in CA interested in buying some pieces of mine.

She is interested in buying an African lion claw, African lion tooth, and a few scraps from a preban polar bear rug. I know there's some precautions involving sending things to CA. I live in WA.

Before I tell her yay or nay on being able to purchase them, I wanted to know if there are legal precautions involving sending the items I just described? o:

Thanks!
    Sincerely,
    RH

2. T T TAXIDERMY

T T TAXIDERMY New Member

This may help Ebay is CA based they allow the sale of lion mounts claws ect They also have a list of animals and parts you cant sell in CA

3. Steve B

Steve B New Member

California laws regarding any bear parts selling or trading is a fellony, from what i got from the regulations this includes any bear parts from any type. as far as african stuff I dont know. We cant have Mountain lion parts in possesion.

4. Washinton states has a ban on all and any bear parts. You can sell a shoulder mount, rug or cape, hide with claws, but it is illegal to sell claws, ears or other parts in Washington. Parts are always a gray area and just beware,,

5. exoticswan

exoticswan Jessy Riley

California Penal code 653o. (a) It is unlawful to import into this state for commercial purposes, to possess with intent to sell, or to sell within the state, the dead body, or any part or product thereof, of any polar bear, leopard, ocelot, tiger, cheetah, jaguar, sable antelope, wolf (Canis lupus), zebra, whale, cobra, python, sea turtle, colobus monkey, kangaroo, vicuna, sea otter, free-roaming feral horse, dolphin or porpoise (Delphinidae), Spanish lynx, or elephant. (b) (1) Commencing (starting) January 1, 2015, it shall be unlawful to import into this state for commercial purposes, to possess with intent to sell, or to sell within the state, the dead body, or any part or product thereof, of any crocodile or alligator. (2) This subdivision shall not be construed to authorize the importation or sale of any alligator or crocodilian species, or any products thereof, that are listed as endangered under the federal Endangered Species Act, or to allow the importation or sale of any alligator or crocodilian species, or any products thereof, in violation of any federal law or any international treaty to which the United States is a party. (c) (1) This section shall not apply to kangaroos that may be harvested lawfully under Australian national and state law, Etc...

if you want the whole thing ill give it to you just email me [email protected] its the law in regard to exotic animals in California i do allot of business with exotics and i had to get all the laws of every state in regard to exotic leathers and mounts i don't deal with bear but allot of states put a ban on all bear sales as you see above you cant sell polar bear but it doesn't say anything about lion or lion parts as long as you have them legally and can prove it Ive gotten some suspicious orders before so feel like its not worth it to sell any of these animals (Hides or mounts in my case) to anyone in California

6. RiverHowl

RiverHowl One Crafty Wolfette.

Phew... Glad I asked! :) I'd learned to be very careful with specific parts since I got into taxidermy. Thank y'all very much! :D