1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Record Book Skulls For Sale -- Taking Offers

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by wildwoodpark, Jun 19, 2012.

1. wildwoodpark

wildwoodpark Member

Here's the chance of a lifetime for some of you skull collectors out there. I am interested in selling two of my record book specimens -- a +29" Alaskan Brown Bear and the SCI No. 1 World Record African Striped Hyena. See pics below. The African Striped Hyena (not endangered per USFW) is 9-10/16" x 6-4/16" for a total score of 15-14/16".

Accepting offers on either or both skulls. Additional pictures of each skull are available upon request. Please send all offers and/or questions to: [email protected] Thanks a million!

Attached Files:

2. skullsman

skullsman Member

Where is it documented officially that these are records? SCI #1 would have to be in a book somewhere. What name is it listed under?

3. wildwoodpark

wildwoodpark Member

The existing SCI No. 1 for African Striped Hyena is 15-8/16". This Striped Hyena is 15-14/16" but was never registered by the hunter as the new record. I obtained the skull from his widow. Why is it not registered? As explained to me, he didn't care about records or the record books, he just hunted for the joy of it. Several of his animals were record book sized specimens, but he never registered one of them. Sorry but that's all the explanation I can provide. Some hunters just don't care about records and he was one.