1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

bluegill repaint

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by meopilite, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Are we all too politically correct to say the fish is substandard, and that is being generous. It looks horrible to me. It's too bad clients do not research a little better and that is exactly what I tell them when confronted with similar quality work they want fixed. It's a crime to see what some fish look like completed and I can't imagine what it would feel like to have to pay for it as well.

PB

2. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

Ummm....there is no standard, (just subjective opinion), right? That is a big reason people looking for taxidermy work should educate themselves; because they are paying for it, and may end up paying for it twice.....or more....as their standards and expectations as a consumer increase. I agree, though, $300 off that is too easy.

Michael G, good effort. Tough to nail these fish. Regarding your question, I'd recommend a few things. 1.) Keep in mind that Purple is essentially red and blue (and black/white). 2.) To get better control of your pearl-ex color, you can mix it in a low pigment-binder load using some of the clear liquid in your airbrush paint or an artist's medium. 3.) Look deeply at reference to determine which part of each scale carries that color and determine what method works best for the effect you want and the speed of application you need.

Best, Scott

3. franchi612

franchi612 New Member

you can lightly mist over the purple with a yellowish/orange that matches what bluegills have on their sides. Bluegills have an amazing array of color on such a little fish, I always find it hard to get teh look "just right"