1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bird of the Week #1 -June/ 2012 Edition!!!!

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by wings II, Jun 25, 2012.

1. babak

babak Active Member

thanks Jeff,chukars,see see partridge, Hungarian p.,pigeons,common quail,rarely waterfowls in my region,but i can find other species around the country like sand grouse,wood cock,pheasant,black francolin,,,,,,

VERY BEAUTIFUL WOODCOCK SCENE!!

2. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

Super birds everyone!!! Love those woodcocks! Both kinds!!! Very hard bird to pull off....... Working on deer and elk this week, I'll post up some turkeys and waterfowl soon.....Harry

3. OOS

OOS New Member

[​IMG]

4. Wouter

Wouter Member

Great mounts everybody! poor Jeff, it will be so hard to pick a "winner" ;)

Wouter

5. Samson

Samson New Member

more woodcocks ;D
    the american version is more colorful i think, very nice mounts on this thread and it's only the first day :eek: :eek:

Greetings, Karin

Attached Files:

6. taxidermycollector

taxidermycollector I am in Europe, sooo no need for Uncle Sam's regs

:)

Attached Files:

7. taxidermycollector

finished

Attached Files:

8. Jorlan

Jorlan New Member

Somebody pinch me.. :eek: Too many beautiful mounts to comment on them all. The chicks look great!

Here is my first goose mount. Banded 100miles west of Deadhorse, Alaska about 4,000 miles away.
    [​IMG]

9. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Thank you all for bringing back Birds of the week, The work is Amazing. Well here is my woodduck
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. DennisS

DennisS New Member

Thanks to Matt and the gang for bringing this back! I don't post much, but I sure do like to look at all the amzing work.

Attached Files:

11. babak

babak Active Member

Jeff,I don't know how will you choose your favorite bird!!! I don't like to be on you situation my friend,although soon or late it will arrive!!
    Karin, dead mounts are looking great!
    TC,that chicken looks awesome!
    OOS,my friend,that black looks great and i really love that pose!!!

12. nina5150

nina5150 Well-Known Member

now THATS how good i want to get....looks flawless and sooo smooth

13. falco

falco Trapping is fun

X10,,, no kidding. great job babak,, this Chukar has some attitude.

14. wings II

wings II New Member

I've been working overtime to get out of here tomorrow to head out to the Texas Taxidermy Convention. I've come in for a break and to get a drink of water (it's 107 degrees here right now!) and to look at the Latest Pictures and all I can say is WOW!!

I seriously can't pick a favorite bird! From the novice to the world champion ALL of the work is so inspiring. This is like Christmas!

For those of you that may not know, the gentleman that mounted the Woodcocks in the base (BirdTaxidermy) is a World Champion. You can see more of his astounding work at www.waterfowler.net.

A special shout out to Dennis S, OOS and Atwater among others. I was hoping that BOTW would get old friends of the Bird Forums back here to visit and I'm very glad to see ya'll here - I hope more will follow.

Ya'll will have to forgive me, I'm having to pull up old archive photos until I can get some new pics taken. :)

[​IMG]

15. stuffinducks

stuffinducks New Member

Cool,

Glad to see BOTW back on-line and ready for numerous people to post their awesome bird work. Some great birds posted so far and too many to comment on.

I'm off for the next few months on getting any bird work done (Busy Summer and to hot) but here is an Hungarian Partridge mount I just completed last weekend.

You all have a great summer.

Jeff - SD

[​IMG]

16. wings II

wings II New Member

Glad to see you here Jeff (stuffinducks) - Ya'll can see more of Jeff's fantastic birds at www.wingsinflightbirdtaxidermy.com. If Jeremy and Jonathan Stanley show up and post this week (and I seriously hope they do) you'll be able to knock me over with a feather. :D

17. alexm

alexm New Member

Great to see it back great work every one
    Alex M

Attached Files:

18. taxidermycollector

:)

Attached Files:

19. taxidermycollector

:)These are Lee's bird BTW

Attached Files:

20. JBird

JBird Member

I think we're going to break some kind of BOTW record for the first week. Love seeing old friends and making new one's on this thread - a lot of work from people I'm not familiar with but thrilled to see them posting. There is some real talent out there that I never knew about.

Shane that pair of woodcocks is rediculous - can't wait to see your emu :p Great to see you stuffinducks I know how crazy your summer is - love that you were able to stop by and can't wait to see what you do next.

Jorlan - really nice spec - I love everything about it. srholmes30 I'm not familiar with your work but I always love to see a nice wood duck mount - well done. Taxidermycollector - that is a GORGEOUS barn owl - they are very difficult to get that face right (at least for those of us who rarely get to mount one) and they are one of my favorite birds - one of my favorites from you so far.

KMA your birds look more like paintings - they are to perfect ;) I also want to mention that gorgeous black grouse preening its tail - very cool. Off to work can't wait to see what comes up today while I'm gone -

Jeff