1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bad Dealings With Darius Mostoufi Taxidermy USA

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by stuffa1, Jun 26, 2012.

1. stuffa1

stuffa1 Member

This guy has ripped me off.

Purchased a white peacock from him and was garenteed perfect condition with beautiful tail.
    When it arrived the back of the bird was missing and the tail was made up from scraps of feathers he must have found on the bench and glued together with car filler trying to make a tail.
    I paid $1000 dollars for this plus shipping. I had brought one a year before and it was perfect but this one is unusable.
    of course now he has dissapered and won't reply to emails or anything.

kept promising to ship this week then the next and went on for 6 weeks of promises.
    off course he waited for the paypal time limit had run out before he shipped it so paypal chargeback not possible.
    i have tried to sort this out with him but just ignores all contact.
    i mounted it to show him the problem but didn't seem to understand. Just said its normal to attach tail after.
    Yes thats true but it would have been nice to have received a complete bird for a $1000 !!!!

heres a picture of what he sent me.

Attached Files:

2. Eva

Eva Member

Maybe you should let this guy know if he does not allow return of bird and refund, you will start posting against him all over the net including BBB here:
    http://www.la.bbb.org/business-reviews/Taxidermy-Services/Darius-Mostoufi-Taxidermy-in-Claremont-CA-100079016 assuming that is him. He's got internet presence all over including posts on all kinds of boards. He'd probably be pretty embarrassed if everyone found out. Give one last chance and give him a reason to care is my advice. No guarantee but for $1,000 it might be worth a shot.
    -Eva

3. stuffa1

stuffa1 Member

hi eva,
    i have tried to sort this out with him but he just ignores all emails etc.
    thank you for the link i will see what i can do.

4. stuffa1

stuffa1 Member

Complaint submitted thank you for your help.

5. Talane

Talane The Rake has nothing on me!

If that doesn't work, there's a way to submit your request to an agency affiliated with the FBI. Someone posted it on here a while ago, but if you need the link I can fetch it ftom my phone for you

6. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Are you sure you do not have the tail upsidedown? Post a photo of both sides of the tail and where it attachs.

7. Darius

Darius New Member

Hi Stuffa1 (Simon Wilson from England)

Like you said before, you've had great dealings with me in the past.

Peacocks are a natural product, where you will get varied conditions
    more specifically the tail.
    You were not happy with the tail, & wanted to just return the tail
    & keep the rest of the bird.
    If you were not happy with any part of the bird, the entire bird
    would need to be returned to resolve a refund, not just parts & pieces.
    If you send that entire bird back the condition it was sent to you, I will
    refund your monies.

Also beware that sending threats (anonymously) will be presented to legal sources.

8. stuffa1

stuffa1 Member

no its not upside down thats how it is.

9. stuffa1

stuffa1 Member

Natural product !!
    That tail is not natural its old feathers recovered from under the bench and glued together with a block of car filler.
    Amazing how i get a response from you soon as i posted a message on here and none before.
    This was sold to me as being perfect condition and complete. I will post the emails where you state that and i will also post the timeline showing where you kept promising to ship but never did until the paypal charge back period was up.

Be my guest hand to your legal sources there are no threats here. Only a threat from you !!!!

10. Darius

Darius New Member

You were not happy with the tail, & wanted to just return the tail
    & keep the rest of the bird.
    If you were not happy with any part of the bird, the entire bird
    would need to be returned to resolve a refund, not just parts & pieces.

You are welcome to return that skin & tail for a refund

11. stuffa1

stuffa1 Member

Here's a picture of what I recieved and a picture of what it should look like.
    Make your own mind up people. is what I recieved worth $1000 !!!!

Attached Files:

12. The site for Internet Crimes is :

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I have used them before and also helped people on here before use this service.

And just cause the time limit for paypal is up you can still file a complaint with them as long as you didn't gif the money to them. Call them personally and talk to a live operator explain that you ordered a bird for taxidermy. The seller said it was in perfect condition and he waited a month and a half before he shipped it to you. Then explain to them that it is in poor condition and you want a refund. BE FIRM with them. Do not let them say oh we can't do that cause it is past the time line. keep explaining that he didn't ship it till the time was up. I have gotten refunds before for this exact maneuver. Paypal will help you.

Also file the complaint at the above listed site I gave you.

Good Luck.