1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ Happy 4th of July 2012 Edition!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ Happy 4th of July 2012 Edition!!!!!!!!

A Warm Welcome from Hinsdale New Hampshire! A happy 4th for all of those who enjoy freedom! You don’t have to be from the States to have the spirit of freedom! It amazes me that in 2012 that there are some of our brothers and sisters around the world that can say they have freedom! Taxidermy brings us all together here an the passion of the artist with in keeps us here to learn from one another but never take for granted the love you have for the life you live! Live a life worth living!

Another great start to a month in fish pictures coming off the Third month in a row of over 10,000 views now that is exciting that so many folks are taking interest in fish work! Incredible!

I want to share with you a re-cap of a conversation I had with a gentleman from Texas who was asking me if the format we use here on the Fish of the month could be some way translated both in passion and in philosophy to help with the bird of the month which may be having some growing pains. I think that this string works because we all understand that when we come here to read, view, or post that it is not about the over all quality of the individual (though encouragement and praise is welcomed) but the generosity of the many to support the growth of all as taxidermists. It is simple we all start somewhere and I believe that the fishheads get that! I would think that we all as taxidermist get that but perhaps not? It is not a bird guys issue but a expectation issue I believe. The rules have been set here for over 5 years and for the most part people here are terribly respectful not to the rules alone but to one another. It is a great big forum and all one has to do is create a topic and write what you need to write. Some times controversial and other times inspirational with everything in-between. Always remember we all begin this journey somewhere some take a road that is filled with wonderment and others see the same landscape every step of the way. Regardless bring to the table some thing of inspiration! It is easy to criticize or to be hard in opinion but far more challenging to be positive for all of us! Wherever you stand in this journey all one needs to remember there is a time and a place for it all and this place is for the inspired!

I also want to thank folk’s for being so kind about the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT posting! The industry of taxidermy has done so very much for me and I have been blessed by being able to do what I love and meet so many wonderful folks like you all that I can’t help but to feel overwhelmed with gratitude! I hope I can help one person reach their goals in taxidermy! It is like being in the running with 1000 other folks but it didn’t cost you any thing to be in the running! Thanks again!

I absolutely want to commend all of you as there are so many original contributors and many new ones alike that all share in this great string that has been around from over 5 years! I just want to remind and assure folks that we all begin some where and work hard at being the best we can all be as taxidermists. It is and always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show there work with out criticism and hard comments! So lets remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get to involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

What a truly outstanding Month in Fish pictures this past last month as I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

We share in fish pictures to find a common place with friendliness and positive comments of motivation as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of July with a recent student from Salsville, Arkansas Mr. Derrick Weatherford! Derrick spent some time with us working on skin mouthed fish as well as some reproduction work. Derrick worked very hard and I can’t wait to see more work from Mr. Weatherford! I hope you enjoy!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the Month! See you in August!!

So here we go and here is to a great July in fish pictures!!!! Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon!

My Best!

Rick Krane

Derrick Weatherford and a Striped Bass!

[​IMG]

Be safe and have a great month!
    Here’s to a great Month in Fish Pictures!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 CHESTERFIELD ROAD
    Hinsdale NH 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com/zencart/

2. Jason S

Jason S New Member

Nice fish Derrick!
    I hope everyone has a wonderful Fourth of July!
    Here is a customer replica crappie. :)

Attached Files:

3. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Great looking Striped bass Derrick,nice job on the crappie Jason.

4. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Rick, that guy painted a nice bass considering you have Chinook Pictures up on the reference board!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Some big saltwater stuff going on here in my shop for the next few weeks.

Here is an 80lb Yellowfin Tuna, blank was from New Wave.

This is before fully attaching the pec fin, and there is no gloss or sealer on it.

and also some custom molded/cast Spanish Mackarel. Its all going together in a chase scene, Ill post pictures later in the week of it all put together and glossed.

Attached Files:

5. hodx

hodx Herman Darr

love that crisp fin pattern on that crappie....nice work....nice striper....love that tuna

6. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Awesome fish works aging!!! I know this is going to be a great month again for spectacular fish work!!!

My Best!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale New Hampshire 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com/zencart

7. Sarmite

Sarmite Active Member

LV
    Happy 4th July to all! ;)
    From me - Monkfish (sea devil) skin mount ;)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Nice work so far.....Derrick looks to be a quick study. Jason, incredible detail on your fins....great job and Jimmy, those are some bigazz eyes on that "gill"....lol........NICE work so far. Big job for sure........

9. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Once again, this thread is off to a great start. Jimmy, those tuna are fun aren't they!! Here is a Sea Trout just finished.

Attached Files:

10. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Finally got the 17" Brook Trout (skin mount/repro hybrids) attached to their base :D

Attached Files:

11. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

HOLY CRAP Rich! Best Brookies I've ever seen. You are one talented artist my friend. BRAVO!!!

12. advanced taxidermy

advanced taxidermy New Member

Very nice Rich!!!

13. X2 Rich awesome !!!

14. Jason S

Jason S New Member

Thanks for the kind words guys.
    Cool Monkfish! Sarmite
    Rich...Nice!!

15. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Great start again, nice work everyone, Rich :eek: , Sarmite, to even attempt a skin mount deep sea fish such a Monk fish is way beyond my capabilities ! the jelly like nature of the fish shows through in yours, brilliant !
    John

16. hodx

hodx Herman Darr

What John said...great looking monkfish, you nailed it

17. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

Brookies are great rich what did you cast on them the heads n fins.

18. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Thank you kindly guys :)

F 'n F: yep the head and fins are "car putty" ;D :p

19. K.N Fish Taxidermy

K.N Fish Taxidermy Kenneth Newton Phone#804-867-7736

Here is the Largemouth Bass Skin mount from the tutorial I did. 23 1/4 in. He gave me two Cherry Wood boards that was cut off of his grandfathers land. They were in pretty rough shape. Ended up using wooden dowels to strengthen the wood. I am leaving it dry because I like the light pink and red hues. The lure is the one he caught it on. Original knot too. I also attached the photo frame with some velcro so it is removable. Waiting for it to get picked up.

Ken
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

Neat finished product Ken.