1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Richard and Karen Jeppson lose home and shop in fire

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Terry Bennett, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Active Member

Idaho
    I am sure that many of you know Richard and Karen Jeppson from Idaho, They were instrumental in the early years of taxidermy competitions in Idaho and the west.They ran the precursor to the association that we have know,the Idaho association of taxidermists, and if I am not mistaken founded the western regional competition. Richard served on the Board of the NTA, and taught a taxidermy program in the pocatello Idaho school district. He also has done seminars and judged many competitions over the years.
    The last year has been a tough one for the Jeppson's . Richard has been fighting a serious battle with prostate cancer with complications that would have killed the average man. To make matters worse on June 29Th their home and all out buildings including shop and garage were burned to the ground by a wildfire that also burned 65 other homes and 29 outbuildings on the mountain. Everything they have worked for there whole life is gone.The also lost their two dogs in the fire. Absolutely nothing is left of the efforts of the years of hard work and dedication to the taxidermy industry.

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. I don't know if the Jeppsons visit this site, so for those friends that would like to send words of encouragement, or who would like to offer help in any way, you can contact me or Gordon Mclean via email and we will make sure that the messages are forwarded on to Richard and Karen.

Terry Bennett [email protected]

Gordon Mclean [email protected]

2. Prayer señor for them and all those who lost their homes.

Michael

3. I remember Richard from years ago and he was an active member in Montana Taxi. Assoc. Hate to hear of this tragedy and his health problems.

4. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Sorry to here such news,God bless

5. Matt

Matt Active Member

Wow, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family, I wish them all the best.

6. roundyracer

roundyracer been to the mountain and seen the elephant.usmc 68

Remembering Richard being on the board and now praying for both of thems health and well being.

7. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

What a horrible tragedy, I wish them well and prayers sent.

8. This is such terrible news! My heart goes out to Richard and Karen. It is so hard to wrap ones mind around the loss they have been devastated with.

Richard and Karen were instrumental in aiding us in the very early years of the Arizona Taxidermy and Artists Association. From helpful guidance to starting an association, to being a judge and giving seminars at the early shows. It was so evident how passionate they were about our industry. I also respected the fact that Richard was a taxidermy educator in the local school district. I know for a fact that they put up thousands of their own personal dollars for the last Western Regional they put together. They were so determined to not let that Regional fall to the wayside as it was heading to do. They are truly a couple who devoted their lives to our industry.

What ever happened to the auctions we would see on this site for such instances as this? What has happened to TERF and the spin off group whose name slips my mind? I know I would gladly offer my rug services in an auction to help Richard and Karen at this devastating time of need and I am hoping others feel the same.

My heart goes out to the Jeppson's during this tragic time in their life.

9. RDA

RDA Active Member

TRAGIC thing here. We all owe much to the efforts of the Jeppsons in our industry. They may not be on this forum daily but that doesnt mean they arent part of the family of taxidermy and taxidermists.

I ask that before donating to ANY other causes here such as vacation funds,, ::),,You think about the Jeppsons- and what theyve lost and are going through right now.

10. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

ttt

11. RDA

RDA Active Member

Ive only RECENTLY found out about this as i limit my time here to answering pms..

In an effort to aid the Jeppsons, I offer the following:

The first one to send a check to them for 500.00 will recieve my artificial tree tutorial package. This is a sale price on it and has been taken by some well known Taxi netters. How about less than 300.00 in materials and selling the tree for 3000.00.? How about winning some awards with it on your very first attempt at a free standing tree? These are hand drawn directions and schematics with detailed options and sections with bark making pictures in series of the process. Frameworks, finishing everything included as well as back up via skype, phone or email after the fact.

The Jeppsons lost everything including part of thier family.

lets help,,

thanks, Ron

12. I have never started a fundraiser on this site and must admit I was waiting for someone else to hopefully do so. I have always jumped in as a contributor after a fundraiser was in progress.
    I have contacted Terry Bennett who will get with Gordon Mclean to set up an account with the Jeppson's bank for anyone to make a contribution/donation if they are able to help out.

I would like to offer my rugmaking services for the rugging of one black bear (a $250.00 + value) to the highest bidder. I guess this should go in the for sale section? Anyone have any help on how to start this auction and keep it contained in one area please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Mary

13. RDA

RDA Active Member

Mary,you can do a seperat thread here in the industry section and another in for sale, but it requires bumps as its a popular section. Id also put a short thread refrencing the main ones in the life sized section since you offering a rug..Feel free to copy and paste my offer as well..

14. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,311567.new.html#new

15. Richard B

Richard B Well-Known Member

I'll take you up on your generous offer Ron. I've sent Mr. Terry Bennett an email requesting an address on where to send the check. Thanks

16. RDA

RDA Active Member

EXCELLENT Mr B!!! Ill get with you and be sending you a package on monday..VERY appreciated Sir.... ;)

17. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Very cool of All of You.

18. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Active Member

Idaho
    Richard

Thank you very much. I sent you an email.

19. RDA

RDA Active Member

Thanks Terry for your efforts! Having been a wildland firefighter for years, ive seen first hand the devastation to freinds homes that burned to the foundations. Enitre lives and history lost- pets, loved like any family memebers lost. to stand there over looking a smoldering site such as this is to feel a world collapsing. Much like the tornados of the midwest- the fires leave nothing to recover.. The Jeppsons have contributed GREATLY to our industry and can use our help..