1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermist Cheating Taxidermist

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by roundyracer, Jul 5, 2012.

1. franchi612

franchi612 New Member

Honestly "roundyracer" I have seen your behavior on the forums. I have seen your attitude. How come you don't beleive he sent the blanks and they were lost in the mail? Like I said I am a more patient and respectful person than you. All I know is I had square dealings with garyc71 and would deal with him again. I have just as much right to let people know that as you to slam him. If you are going to post stuff like this you need to be prepared for people to stand up and say they had good dealings. BTW,unless you post actual screenshots of your pm's I have no way of knowing you are telling the truth either. Right now, this is just a he said/he said thing imo and given that, I have to side with the person who has been fair to me, not the person I see attack anyone who disagrees with him.

2. roundyracer

roundyracer been to the mountain and seen the elephant.usmc 68

franchi612 you ve choose to make a personel issue lets rock.Youve seen my attitude on forums.This is my first time Ive ever heard your name.So you must be friends of Gary or just one of those its allright guys as long as it doesnt effect you.You want to read the pms Ill be glad to let you read them.Lets get you or someone to show me how to forward to you and ill send them.You side who ever you want.You rights,but to call me out as far as Im concerned youre just another satisfied customer who apparent nature is the background.You let someone just take your money cause he's popular.Im sure that makes your family proud.What a chicken s way to live.

3. I waited a couple of months for my blanks and was supposed to get 6 blanks instead of the five I originally ordered, To make up for the wait. When I got my order, I only received 5 blanks and the one I ordered was missing. With all of the orders he was handling I just scratched it off as a mistake. This is the first negative post I have seen on him. As soon as I started reading it I had a feeling who it was. I am not taking any sides, but I feel if things get too hectic you need to get someone else to help with the orders so this does not happen again.

4. roundyracer

hairy perch, I agree if you are that busy get help.Again though Id like someone to explain the promised PM's that he shipped.It doent take 3 weeks from NJ to Ala.even on slow boat.

5. Are you sure you can work this out thru paypal? Or is that a little iffy? Hopefully it works out in your favor and then maybe use discretion when it comes to bringing it on here. ( But I'll admit that my first reaction was to say "bring it here and name names.") He might have the right product for you, at the right price for you... but he can't be the only one.

6. roundyracer

j.mik reckon you didnt read the first of the story either.PayPal was noticed and after a negative reply I filed the complaint.He couldnt put a tracer on his so called shipment and youy and others expect me to spend my time preparing documents for PayPal.Thats kinda one sided isnt it ? It may take another 30 days but the customer including a new Bait and tackle shop couldnt wait on his Im gonna ship today tomorrow or whenever the mood strikes.Some whom has done business and wasnt ripped off are naturally bias and thats fine with me.I believe i gave him ample time,study the post and dates before you critisize me.In the mean time after considerable thought I'm warning others and even some has admitted he's overwhelmed.If and when a shipment arrives I'll be glad to withdraw my complaint.I'll also post a copy of the date on the package.I'm open minded untill others make judgement without the facts as some are quiet untill the shoe is on the other foot.Of course you'll always find loyality even among thieves.There was a simple solution,WHY DID HE KEEP SENDING PM'S STATING HE HAD SHIPPED THEN GAVE ANOTHER DATE WEEK AFTER WEEK.This is no reflection to you j.mik but Ive come to a personel conclusion after a few commits made from a few YOU CANT FIX A FIX.

7. roundyracer

I dont know how long you been around but there has been some others much more known whom has been square,but not necessarily with all their dealings.Even Jesus only walked on the water once.

8. garyc71

garyc71 New Member

I started selling these blanks to help other taxidermists learn the art of fish taxidermy without spending a lot of money on blanks. I make nothing on these blanks, infact most of the time shipping is more than what I charge and I never ask for more money. I have to deal with the post office because they are the cheapest way to go. Unfortunatly they have not been very good lately. I have orders that I sent with delivery confirmations saying they arrived and the customers said they never received them. I would even talk to the post master to try and find them and they are no help. When this happens I just believe my customers and offer to send new ones at my cost. I don't try and rip anyone off, if anything I go out of my way to satisfy everyone, even at my expense. I have received quite a few orders lately due to the cost of these blanks. Some people have ordered 10-15 of them at a time. I don't know if you guys realize how long it takes to make these, but it very time consuming and I do it all myself. My mistake is that I should have told people up front that it would take a few weeks to receive their orders and if there were any blanks that they needed right away I would have send them right away. Lesson learned I guess. I always get back to my messages and emails as fast as I can. I usually check my messages a few times a day. I think it is wrong for roundly racer to put a post on like this when I never said he was not getting a refund from me. I first offered to give him a new order like I have done for a few people in the past and he declined. He ask for a money order as a refund at first which I agreed to, but waited a few days to send it just to see if the order arrived first , but it didn't and then I was sent a negative message from him putting me down, that's when I said he was pissing me off. When I try and help someone and all they do is bash you it makes me mad, I'm human. For anyone that hasn't received your order yet, believe me you will. I have been in my shop 13-14 hours everyday making these things and not making a dime for it. I'm not trying rip anyone off or hide , infact anyone that wants to contact me can message me or call me at 732-581-8232 and I will get back to you as fast as I can. Just remember its just as easy for someone to order something and receive it and say they didn't and ask for there money back, as it is for someone not to sent it at all and take there money.

9. roundyracer

Gary im waiting on a response from a moderator as to post your pm's.You kept telling me you sent them and when I inquired weekly you came up with another story.Simple you got your rear end overloaded as you admit and instead of being honest about shipment you tried to bull s your way out of it.All you had to do was be honest.I gave you ample time and there was no animosity in mjy PM's.I'm gonna let the Pm"s speak for themselves and let the industry judge if you were honest.Ive never knocked you or your work untill you sent me a threating PM.Youre pissed off.I should have had a refund long ago cut and dry.Now PayPal is on your rear also.I gave you another chance by only disputing your claim and again you lied about shipping.Lets see if and when I ever receive either my money or the shipment.Then lets find the date on the letter or package.You can sell all the blanks you want and I would have bought more as demanded.However dont send me no garbage about how your helping the industry and Im doing nothing.The glass house you and some satisfied customers live in isnt impressing myself and some others.Let the Pm's speak for themselves and Ill be more than happy to bow out apologize whatever.Your unprosfessional answer is what I expected when I realized you hadnt honored your first PM. So Mr. Moderator as advised Im waiting on the tutorial as to how to send PM's to the forums. Anybody have any more questions how about calling myself.No camoflauge here. 423-413-7981 BTW Gary if you were so concerned in the begining why didnt you put a tracer on your shipment?

10. kyddm

kyddm New Member

I ordered two blanks from Gary. I did get them over a month later. Great blanks for the price, can't beat it. However, Gary lied to me several times about shipping them week after week. If he would have told me straight up it would be several weeks, no problem. Instead he lied about shipping them, telling me I would get them on a certain day week after week. I don't buy the story of shipments being lost and resending them. If that was the case, he sent me five different shipments, which only one I got. The only time I messaged Gary about the shipment was the day after he said I would get them, and I did not. He finally told me he sent them parcel post and it would take longer. I finally sent a message to either send proof of shipping or a refund. He did send tracking info but it was for a priority mail shipped the day before. I just do not understand the lies from him. I was going to just let it go, but since roundyracer has had trouble also, I thought I would post my experience with Gary also.

Dave

11. roundyracer

Gary and I have at least agreed to work this out per phone conversation.As I said before and now on both of our behalf we are grown azzzzzzzzz men and have professionally come to terms.We both feel the industry needs to support ourselves and vice versa.If there is a bad taste in anyones mouth gargle and lets move on.I support Gary's endever and for those of you whom needs blanks at a resonable cost call him.Apologies have been accepted from both.At least we had your attention for 2 days and some even came out of the closet.I was chosen to send this post as I'm older and better looking.Gene(Roundyracer) Please no more cracks on this subject however a few atta boys would be nice.

12. Why would anyone work 13 hours a day making blanks and sell them for cost? How does that make sense?

13. kyddm

kyddm New Member

Glad you got it worked out.

14. When I got on the net this morning, I see that you've gotten several more posts-- including the guy you're talking about. Maybe you misread me, or maybe I didn't say it right-- but I'd be completely on your side. If the guy's gonna lie to you he'll probably keep lying to you. Bad service (lying to a customer) is bad service, whether it's in this industry or any other. I'm sure we all want our suppliers to be busy, just like we like to be busy. Busy is good... and it sure beats the alternative. Every taxidermist and supplier advertises good work, good products, AND good service. They go hand in hand, and no one part can be left out. This seems to be a hot topic. All of us must have been burned by someone.

15. Matt

Matt Active Member

You know I was going to stay out of this, but just can't seem to bite my tongue these days. I've been around this site for a few days and I will say that from what I know of Gary, he is a great guy and doing something great for alot of people on this site. I don't know about all the "promised" shipping and items that didn't get there. I do agree that anyone shipping anything should be up front about it, but things happen and in this day and age, it is easy to get behind. I do that most everyday in the shop and push on. I believe that everyone that has ordered from Gary will get what they ordered, maybe not when it was expected, but it will get there. I hope it works out for everyone, but in the meantime, maybe some patience is in order. I know from personal experience, getting all bent out of shape gets me nowhere.

16. Gary,
    I'm sure you are a super nice guy...but is it worth working for free for anyone who emails a request for blanks ?
    Something does not make sense. Maybe in turn they would do a Deer head for you for $30...probably not.
    But, if you enjoy doing this, go for it...
    Best of luck,
    Don

17. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

I would charge more and give a bigger window for shipment I also wouldnt come here and air it out and then retreat and say if anyone needs blanks call him!!The damage is done. Just poorly handled if you ask me.Should have settled it before posting it here.JMO

18. roundyracer

Air it out,Wasnt happy about it however we dam sure aren't the first ones with differences on this site.If you really was concerned how come I don't see any post from you over the NTA heated battles.Seems if anyone actually cared about the industry instead of their own glass house they'd be monitoring that war.

19. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I'm shocked that someone is offering fish blanks for $15, and it's not working out. I thought that sounded like a sound business practice, but I guess I was wrong.

Perhaps someone can explain to me how this was ever going to work...I don't get it?

20. Matt

Matt Active Member

Cole, like Gary states in all his forsale posts, he's trying to help guys out with a very reasonably priced blank. He is not really making much money doing these.