1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Turning a blind eye...

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by huntnut78, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Alive Again

Alive Again New Member

Looks great! It takes guts to attempt something like that on a customers mount, and you pulled it off. Customer will be thrilled with it.

2. WFT

WFT New Member

That's a super nice looking mount. I know the customer had too be blown away. Congratulations

3. minehill

minehill Member

That's awesome..you did a great job! My buddy has been after a blind buck for a couple years..hope I get to try something like this of he kills him!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Damn, son ... excellent job! Love the lip and tongue ... and that eye! Puts me in mind of Edgar Allen Poe's "The Tell Tale Heart"!

"It is impossible to say how first the idea entered my brain; but once conceived, it haunted me day and night. Object there was none. Passion there was none. I loved the old man. He had never wronged me. He had never given me insult. For his gold I had no desire. I think it was his eye! yes, it was this! He had the eye of a vulture --a pale blue eye, with a film over it. Whenever it fell upon me, my blood ran cold; and so by degrees -- very gradually --I made up my mind to take the life of the old man, and thus rid myself of the eye forever."

And as you can see ... mouth open or mouth closed ... it really doesn't matter to the Deer, as both are correct! ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well done!

5. linder

linder New Member

That's sharp man ,really a great job!

6. i love mounts like this! ;D

7. I realy love it when a piece is "personalized" or "custom".It really seperates one from another.Good job.

8. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

John, I am always impressed with the reference photos that you are able to produce, if you have them all in a library I dont know how you keep them straight! Thanks again everyone!

9. jmgriggs

jmgriggs Distinguished Wildlife Creations, LLC

That's a jam up mount dude!!!!!

10. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    That is so impressive! Wow

11. awesome mount and excellent workmanship!! IMPRESSIVE

12. Kydeerhunter03

Kydeerhunter03 Member

Love this mount! Great job!

13. Awesome job, enter that guy in a competition! Well done

14. Jena

Jena Member

Awesome!!! The eye looks great!

15. Very impressive...it looks great!!

16. Beautiful,beautiful job !!!!!!!!!!!

17. Ugly buck

Ugly buck New Member

definitely hit the nail on the head with this one !!

18. Can I just say, this is by far my favorite deer I have EVER seen?, - even over all the pies and albinos.

I'm a softie for blind eyes, and that eye really makes this deer unique. I just love it.

19. i love it especially that eye beautiful mount...

20. Megan :)

Megan :) Well-Known Member

wow! I absolutely love that mount! I think it is amazing! Maybe you should enter it in a competition, I've never seen a blind eye look so good.