1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Process and colors to paint a Large Mouth Bass?

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by ncdeerhunter2002, Jul 7, 2012.

1. ncdeerhunter2002

ncdeerhunter2002 New Member

WHat is the best way to paint a bASS AND THE COLORS TO USE AND THE ORDER NEEDed to do it, thanks,

2. Matt

Matt Active Member

Check out the tutorials, there are a few really good ones in there and cover all the colors you would need.

3. Zimmie

Zimmie Member

Check out Rick Kranes videos on painting a Largemouth Bass. He has one for a skin mount and a repoduction. Excellent!

4. X2

Rick Krane video is awesome!

See Ken's tutorial that just finished.

Cole's tutorial is great as well.

5. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

Um....you'll get a great deal of disagreement as to what the "BEST" way is to do anything in taxidermy.

You'll notice, just a few posts below yours is one called "Mounting a largemouth bass. With pictures and lots of them!" Its Ken's, and its a great resource for the entire process, and its just a few posts below yours. I also agree that Rick Krane's videos are very informative and well worth purchasing. Also, the search function is a good tool for finding answers to specific issues when it comes to LMB mounts, as they are a popular fish to mount, and as there has been disagreement on how to perform certain aspects of mounting this fish (like keeping the head attached or detaching it during skinning/fleshing). You'll have to draw your own conclusions as to what is best for your situation.

Best, Scott

6. roundyracer

roundyracer been to the mountain and seen the elephant.usmc 68

Al these replys are spot on.Not all of us paint the same like some of the best artist add or omit colors on any fish.Simple and cheap is to get a paint schedule from WASCO.When I first started Id add that dollar to most of my orders and before long I had a basic knowledge of most popular fish.With experience you'll omit or add.Thats what makes them good ones great.Thats what they say anyway.I'm not there after all these years but for sure when I hold up or study a LMB or any species in the light I see colors the average fisherman doesnt see.Contrary to some's believe there are more than black,white green and red. Good luck.

7. MichaelG

MichaelG TRAINEE

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,308503.0.html

8. johnnyb

johnnyb Member

Watch the Tom Sexton skin mount video, you'll be glad you did. Start with his schedule until you get comfortable and then you can fine tune them with other colors of choice or the different colors that fish may have as they are brought in from different areas.