1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Attention all Friends of Michael P. Schlabach's.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by antlerman, Jul 11, 2012.

1. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I need your help.

In less than two weeks, Miranda is giving Michael his dream birthday present which includes round trip tickets for them both to go to New York City. Part of the trip includes a guided tour of the American Museum of Natural History with none other than John Janelli. Tickets to a Yankee's vs Red Socks ball game and a few other surprises that I don't want to post here because they are yet a secret to Michael. One of the surprises was donated by our own George Roof. Hats off to ya, Big G.

So here's where I need some help. Their motel bill is right at 500.00 for the week stay at a Super 8 just a mile from Janelli's house.

I'll start the pool with 50.00 of my own money and ask as many of you who can to also donate a bit so we can give our friend and his lovely thoughtful wife Miranda, a nice birthday vacation, with the money to pay for their motel room and any overages to be given to them for other expenses and spending money.

I will collect the money and purchase a Money Order in Michael's name. Once purchased, I will send that M.O. to John Janelli who will place it, a vase of flowers and Birthday Card with EVERYONE"S name attached and any special cards or letters you send me to be included, and placed in their room. Send your cards and letters in a separate sealed envelope so I don't have to open them to retrieve your check.

No-one other than me will know what your donation amount is and all the money will be pooled into one big money order gift.

So what do you say guys and gals........Want to help Miranda give Michael one big oh Birthday Present from all of us, his friends.

If so, pm me.

Michael will see this post undoubtedly, but if we do this in pm's it will still be a surprise when he gets there and opens his cards and letters from all of you.

My mailing address is:

Tim Thacker
    624 IL. Rt. 143
    Pocahontas, IL. 62275

I know many of his friends will do this, so in advance Thank You from me.
    We really only have about 8 days to do this as they leave for NY next Thursday, so hurry.

2. antlerman

Quick update

This post has only been up for an hour and a half and we already have over 200.00

Thank You guys

Lets keep going and get that motel paid for, and then some extra to boot.

Some are using paypal. That is fine.

My e-mail is [email protected]

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Tim Thacker......you are a dead man! (to smiley face or not to smiley face, that is the question)

Take this off of here, this is ridiculus.

4. antlerman

Here is another UPDATE! YOU are Invited to attend.

Thursday night there will be a surprise Birthday Party.

Here is the link to the restaurant.

Janelli says it's easy to get to from all major highway arteries.

6:30 pm and EVERYONE is INVITED to come join Mike and Miranda and John and Carol for supper.

Whats the surprise?? He won't know whose there until he gets there. LOL

So, if you can make it, come on down. John says you will feel like you are in Italy at this restaurant, and said the food is wonderful, all freshly made.

http://www.bazzarellirestaurant.com/contact.htm

5. antlerman

Well I may be, but I will go out in style with my smiley's on. You sit down son, I'm drivin this car. Want me to call your mother?

6. antlerman

Here is John Janelli's mailing address for anyone who would like to send a card straight there.

Michael P.
    C/O John Janelli
    1400 Central Ave.
    Union City, NJ. 07087

7. antlerman

Just checked my paypal account and we are up to 230.00 already. Thank You guys and gals. Lets keep this going. We can do it. Those 20's add up. You guys are doing GREAT.

8. When my sister died who was the first to offer his help? Mike was. When my Mom died who was the first to offer his help? Mike was. Nuff said.

9. Michael keep your head up! I'm not one to get in others business, however I do know that if you are doing what is wright then there is always going to be someone that will complain. God Bless You and keep up the faith.

10. Bazzarelli's is awesome, I may have to take the trip down.

11. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

That would be GREAT!!!!

12. antlerman

You guys are GREAT. Another hundred bucks in the kitty this morning. Thank You SOO much guys.

I will shut this down MOnday at noon in order to have time for it to get to John by Wednesday.

Can we hit our mark? I think we can. If you are mailing your check/money order, it should probably go in the mail today in order to reach me by Monday.

After today, Paypal might be the best choice.

Thanks Again Everyone.

13. antlerman

I guess I missed the excitement this morning on here. Probably a good thing that I did, but this little jewel I thought worth sharing. I guess there are cliques and then there are cliques. LOL

The only thing I find here worth commenting on with this is merely this: Regardless of what some may think about why I started this pool for Mike and Miranda simply boils down to this. I wanted to surprise Mike and show up in New York. After finding out what round trip tickets cost to fly into NY from St. Louis I realized that it wasn't in my budget. Mike knows I Love Him and would be there if I could. With my wife needing glasses and some dental work, me spending 700.00 to go play would not be very caring and supportive towards her needs. Priorities. So, I wanted to do something for my friend, and could have simply sent him a card and a twenty spot without any fanfair, but I got to thinking that perhaps others would think the same way as me and would want to say Happy Birthday along with me. Michael knew nothing of this as this was correlated between myself and John Janelli, and nobody else. Those of you who have joined in must feel the same way as I do signified by your involvement. I guess it wasn't too bad of an idea. Michael's response to this thread was genuine. He feels funny about this and non excepting of it. Sorry Michael, this is one I will shove down your throat, because we love you and want you to have a good time and share your experiences of the trip with us. John's pictures he shares on here and in Breakthrough are of value to us as taxidermists. Though I can't stand him, I won't discredit the value of his pictures. To me, the pictures Michael shares with us means this to me: If I could hang around with my friend on a daily basis, I wouldn't have a need for his pictures because I would be there living life right beside him and enjoying life with him. Threw his pictures he shows me that life is fun and worth living. Something I struggle with at times. The stress gets me down. My own health issues take their tow on me and often I need a little pick me up, and Michael sharing his life with me/us brings us a little closer and it encourages me to strive on even when I would rather just go back to bed. Another thing I found interesting in this little jewel is that BOTH these men have had benefits here on taxinet for their own benefit started by them themselves. Yet, they are critical when someone else RECIEVES a gift from others. Mmmmmm. And one last thing: In reference to the Jeppson family. Of course I am sorry for their loss and what a terrible thing they have had to endure. My question then becomes Why DIDn'T YOU step up to do something for YOUR FRIEND? I'm sure many of us would have jumped in with you. I guess some people just don't get it and never will. Thank You to those of you who do.

Ron ANderson
    Uhhmmmm hey,, i saw this on T net- id like to go on vacation,, so can you all DONATE to my VACATION FUND! ROFLMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Like · · about an hour ago ·
    John Bellucci I want to double what he gave me when I needed help with my Horse, Rusty, that time. Oh wait ... the little bitch gave me nothing ... nothing but grief! Maybe I should double down on the little runts ass in the future!?
    44 minutes ago · Like
    John Bellucci What's really pathetically funny here ... is how little mikey p-brain is always going on and on about how successful he is .... how he is a - and I quote - "Taxidermy money whore" - yet he can't scrape together the funds for a vacation? I always knew the little piss-ant was full of crap up to his jug handle ears ... this just proves it. Then he tells the convicted child rapist to "take it down" - regarding the posted plea for help - ... what you don't see is his nod and wink as he writes crap like that!
    40 minutes ago · Like
    John Bellucci And then there is Richard and Karen Jeppson who just lost everything to fire ... home, shop, and their two beloved dogs who died in the fire. Oh no ... but they don't matter! Let's just gather funds to send the little pervert adulterer to New York! Yeah ... I have some people there he could meet! And after the meeting ... he'll disappear!
    38 minutes ago · Like
    Write a comment...

14. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Did you expect anything else Tim? You know you can post that the sky is blue on this board and someone is going to argue with ya. I dont post anything on here anymore without expecting someone to be a jackazz about some aspect of it.

15. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

Let's keep it positive...you can't change people or the past...you can however choose your friends and the future is yet to happen....I've never met any of you on here but I feel the same way, I love watching the posts about everyone's to day life and what they care about. I greatly enjoy all the pics posted...like Dennis Braggs squirrels and Mike P's reflections on life and the taxidermy industry...even George's charming way of constructive criticism and all the knowledge he has to give to anyone whom asks...it's no wonder there are cliques...too many great people on here for there not to be...I know nothing of John and I don't care to read the nasty comments...I decided a long time ago not to allow the negative into my life...there's no room for in in my already weird head...I used to allow it to get me down and depressed too; but no more...we have control over only ourselves, let the chips fall where they may but my bet is on the positive and meeting new people with like minded values and interests...so anyways...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE! Hope it's a good one and we all (well most of us) wish you and Miranda a great trip!

Thanks to antlerman for taking the time to show a friend how much he cares!

16. antlerman

I got to thinking about what all Mike has donated over the years to others and my above post and this is what I have come up with so far.....

2500.00 for T.E.R.F. in PA. where he shaved his head,
    A few thousand dollars for Steve Favour's ER bills,
    500.00 dollars for ..............wait for it..............Ron Anderson,
    A computer for Glen Conley which to this day, has never taken credit for it, but Glen knows as do several others who helped out.
    plus I'm sure countless other times that I'm unaware of

(see, I didn't even include a kidney where he saved a fellow taxidermists life, while some say he did that for publicity!! LOL YEAH RIGHT!)

After years of doing for others, this year he told me that he was gonna do something for himself. That being this trip.

You know, I find it hard to criticize someone when their constant thought is in helping others, yet when that person does decide to do something for themselves they are still criticized for it. How can this be?

So, with all the things Michael has done for others, is it wrong for him to do something for himself? I think not, and no I can't think of a better way to pay someone back for all they have done for others than what we have done here for Mike. Happy Birthday Mike and Thank You for being who you are to many, and to this industry. I wish we could do more to say Thank You.

17. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Bazzarelli's is the bomb!!!Ive done some Taxi work for Aldo the owner the food is incredible!!I grew up in that area.I will be there to celebrate with Mike!!!

18. Tim,

I think the real point that was trying to be made here is being missed because of a great dislike that many of you taxi-netters have for each other.

I must admit I was taken back on a negative emotional level when I had seen your post just 12 posts above the horrific news of my friends, the Jeppson's, tragic misfortune. What bothered me terribly was the fact that - YES - I had offered to donate my rugging services with the proceeds to go towards the Jeppson's and commented that I hoped others would follow suit and NO ONE did!

I know Michael has donated much to those in need but so have many of us for so many causes not only here on taxi-net but for the taxidermy industry in general (some of us over the course of 20-30+ years). Heck, many of us have never even received the items we won in these TERF auctions but we still kept donating! Don't get me wrong, I think everyone is a selfless hero who gives to those truly in need.

I wish Michael a very Happy Birthday and I hope he and Miranda have the most wonderful trip. How could they not, they are going to have the best tour guide on the East Coast, my dear friend, John Janelli! Don't get me going on the great places John will take you to eat. I still salivate when I think of that sandwich we had at the deli down the street from his house.

Bottom line here for me and I think the others who came forward to voice their opinion, is maybe you should have done this plea for vacation funds via the PM option as you all did with Glen Conley's computer. It was personally very hurtful for me to see that money was being raised for a vacation while NO-ONE came forth to even offer a dime of aid to the Jeppson's who have also done so much for this industry. I know many of you are relatively new to this industry and probably do not even know who Richard and Karen are let alone what they have done for this industry but that really is beside the point. They are taxidermists and aren't we all family as I see typed over and over on this forum.

Well this is just my personal feelings on this controversial subject. You have every right to do what you are doing for your good friend. I just wish you had done it in private and were a little more sympathetically aware that some may find your post akin to a knife in the heart as we grieve over how another friend is even going to go on with his life after all is lost.

Regards,
    Mary

19. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

no wonder I don't come here anymore...too much drama

20. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

Unbelievable !!! Just go have a GREAT TIME Micheal.
    I cant believe how mean some people can be!
    have a safe trip brother !