1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Attention all Friends of Michael P. Schlabach's.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by antlerman, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

why didn't you just take some of that million dollar lottery money you got and BUY michaels birthday present?

2. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    i myself had a housefire last december. I seen no one jumping to make donations to my cause, but guess what If they had I would have donated they to some other worthy cause. Has bad as the fire was I had insurance to cover it. In the end I came out very well totally rewired house newly painted new appliances. for there sake i hope the Jeppsons had insurance,if they did they will be ok. Really no need for a donation thread if covered by insurance.

3. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

Michael,

i dont know you but i believe you are a friend of my friend (Paul C)...Happy Birthday, enjoy the trip, relax and de-stress, its what vacations are for :)

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I did. He is going to take that money to NY and hand out 20.00 bills to the homeless. Got any you want to send along?

5. Bobbi Meyer

no, I'm just a poor girl, with one house, no lottery winnings or 50K motorcycles...I think I'll keep my money, but thanks for offering

6. Wow…why is it OK for some to post whatever they want on a public forum yet others like myself are condemned for having an emotionally fueled opinion.
    What part of my post did you not understand when I wished Mike a Happy Birthday? I am sorry you could not see the forest through the trees of the point I was making.
    I am well aware of Michael’s mothers opinion of this thread so please don't drag that sweet woman into the middle of this!
    NO-ONE dropped the ball on the Jeppson’s! Exactly. I admitted I had no idea how to start an auction thread with numerous items as has been done in the past for those fellow taxidermists in need. I am presently working on that and will have something in place soon. Thank you for offering $25.00 when it is up and running.
    Wow....
    I am not going to apologize or feel bad for my post. I for one will not step over a starving child to stuff my face with food!
    Also, not only has Michael agreed with me 150%, we had a little chat on the phone and he gets my point completely. So just let it go, please!

Jtcr,
    Sorry for your misfortune but there is a big difference in having a house fire and having your home and shop leveled by fire and losing everything you own including your beloved pets. I am sure they wish that all they needed to do was a little rewiring and painting. We all know how slow insurance is to pay.

7. antlerman

well...........I do like your tricycle.

8. Bobbi Meyer

I wasn't even sure if that thing would still show up!
    night you all....no hard feeling towards anyone as far as I'm concerned

9. Bobbi Meyer

good night

10. antlerman

Me neither Bobbi....well not you anyway. As long as you donate that tricycle to my grand daughter....LOL Kidding.

11. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

I haven't been here consistently in more than a year. Bull$hit like this is partially why. We have enough people pulling us down, why do we insist on pulling each other down too?

Here is what I know. Michael P. Schlabach is not a perfect man. He is flawed, he is ornery, he is controversial. He would also literally give the shirt off of his back, the hair off his head, or the kidney out of his body if someone needed it. When my daughter and I visited last March, he and Miranda insisted that Kayla and I take their bedroom. They fed us. They showed us around their beautiful corner of Texas with great pride and grace. We felt like family. I don't have many family members, so me saying they are my <b>family</b> is a BIG deal. He let me hang out/work in his shop, talk with his customers, watch him work and I learned a LOT. It was time that I truly needed to reinvest in my taxidermy art. He never made me feel creeped out or unsafe in any way. He and Miranda both are truly good, kind hearted people. DiAnn has a heart of gold as well.

This thread was started with the best of intentions. And once again, whether it was because of some post on facebook, or posts from people within taxidermy.net, it became ugly.

It makes my heart hurt for all of us. I hope those who are not fans of Michael's, I hope they have peace in their lives. Life is too short and death is too long for crap like this.

My heart truly goes out to Richard and Karen Jeppson. I am sorry about their dogs and I hope they will recover from this. It's just painful to even think about.

12. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

And here. http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,311567.new.html#new

13. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Goodnight everybody.....may we all have a great day tomorrow!

14. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    my little fire I had 39k in damage so not to small, my shop is attached to my home lso. I was out of my shop for 2 months while my home was rebuilt.Also lived out of motel all that time. I dohave to give my insurance company a A plus for way all was handle. I was paid for everything within week after I made final claim, and told if i remember anything else to just call back and submit new claim. I didn't lose my pets but they did wind up staying with my groomer while i was rebulding.

15. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Thank you for that testimony about Insurance Companies or at least your particular one.....and Mary, there ARE people on this site that have other occupations than Taxidermy, me being one of them. I am an owner/operator of an Insurance Agency and you saying that "we all know how slow Insurance is to pay" is like me saying ALL rug makers are just as slow. A ridiculous blanket statement to state. In the 24 years I have owned my Agency I can attest at least some companies pay their claims very quickly with full indemnification. In many cases, more than what an insured expected. Thank God for Insurance to put the pieces back together as best they can.....

And I'm sorry to hear about some of the friction and controversy on here.........Hope you had a good Birthday Mike.........very sorry to hear about the Jeppson's also............

16. cwt

cwt Active Member

This site is hard to swallow anymore. I'll keep coming for the pictures

17. Then he may as well just hand out crack and liquor.

18. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

40's for everybody!

19. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah
    Re: Re: Re: Attention all Friends of Michael P. Schlabach's.

Pour one out for all the dead homies:)

Happy birthday mike!!

Droid Baby!!!

20. Major

Major New Mexico.....Not much different than the old one

Where's that kid wanting to come out of the closet about taxidermy?? I bet he just stays in now.....

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine