1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Idaho Show has more prize money!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by AmyH, Apr 30, 2007.

1. AmyH

AmyH New Member

The Idaho Show is rapidly approaching (5/31-6/2). Registration forms went out in today's mail. If you'd like to receive one, feel free to contact me at [email protected] or 208-462-3686 and I can cross-check the list to see if one was already sent and get one out to you ASAP if needed.

We have more prize money this year~
    Best of show, $500 cash
    Breakthrough, $100 cash
    Best of Category - each BOC award winner will be entered into a drawing for two cash awards of $150 each
    Competitor's Award - every taxidermist entering 4 or more mounts will automatically b entered for a special $100 cash award.
    Cash door prizes - 2 winners of $50 each from all the taxidermists entered & present at banquet
    Research Novice Youth - $100 gift certificate for best novice piece by youth under 16
    Research Novice Adult - $100 gift certificate for best novice piece by adult
    WASCO Award - $100 gift certificate
    Polytranspar Award - $50 gift certificate

Taxidermists' challenge is rainbow trout, either skin mount or repro.

We have Dean Schulte & Skip Skidmore judging, and FIVE great seminars scheduled so that you can attend every one if desired.

Room rates are $65/night for reservations made through May 15th.

We hope to see you there!
    Amy Hugon
    ITA Secretary

2. EX-NTA

EX-NTA New Member

Should be a great show again this year. We look forward to seeing you all there! Also, since Idaho is no longer affiliated with the NTA, you don't have to pay for an NTA membership to compete at our show. We are paying extra to make sure that your points count for certification, so it's the best of both worlds.

Wade Esplin

3. AmyH

AmyH New Member

Room reservations can be made by calling Holiday Inn at 208-237-1400 - the $65 rate applies for reservations made until May 15th (next week) and you must tell them you are there for the Idaho Taxidermists Association convention.

Our seminars will include:

Skip Skidmore - Artistic Bases - how to create aesthetically pleasing bases

Dean Schulte - Open Mouth Cougars - if you've ever SEEN Dean's big cats, you know you need to pick his brain on this topic. His cats are gorgeous~ www.deansart.com

Richard Jeppson - Different Methods of Doing Ears

Gary Powell, fresh from the World Show and heading to Idaho to share Turning a Wall Mount Whitetail into a Pedestal Whitetail

And Idaho's own very talented Jenny Esplin, sharing Blending Custom Colors. If you've ever despaired of finding just the right shade, this is the seminar for you. Learn to use a color wheel and make your own colors~

We hope to see you there. We run a fun, family friendly show. We have a kids' seminar, a kids pizza party during the banquet, a special kids-only auction table (and yes, I do chase away grandmothers bidding on behalf of not-present grandchildren - this is for the KIDS to bid!). Last year we had a laser shooting setup which kept a number of small boys (and some much taller, older boys) busy for hours - we will hopefully have that again.

4. AmyH

AmyH New Member

Vendor area will be filled~

We have McKenzie's, Research, and Trufitt coming.

We also have Git-R-Rugged rugging company, and Bettcher Industries, who market a fleshing machine that my hubby loves.

We hope to see you~

5. AmyH

AmyH New Member

Last chance - we picked up travel food yesterday and will be packing Wednesday, driving out with backboards & auction donations Thursday morning~ Looking forward to meeting all those I've been talking or emailing to!
    Amy