1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A dream catcher to help the Jeppson's.

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Lisa M, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,311088.0.html

I don't know them...that doesn't matter...and it's been many moons since I was here regularly...that doesn't matter either. And I haven't sold a dream catcher in forever because I put a part of my soul into each one and how does one sell a part of their soul? But the cause is worthy and I want to help so here goes.

This is a dream catcher that I made a few years ago. The feathers are from a Colorado turkey. 12 inch hoop. It was made with love and careful thought. The webbing is unusual for me but I like it. :) The first pic is of it from far away, the second is closer up of the webbing/medallion type thing in the middle. For those who don't know me, I'm the Lisa M who made this tutorial. http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,80062.0.html

Y'all make bids either openly in this thread or via PM...I don't care what it goes for...the money will be sent to the Jeppson's. I'll pay the shipping. I'll come back once a day to check on things. I'm working 75-100 hours a week plus school so I don't have many spare minutes, but I'll do my best to keep on top of this. I'm going to put a one week time limit on it, so folks who aren't here but once a week can see it. That means it ends on Thursday July 19 at 10:22 p.m. Colorado time.

If there are any problems/drama, please either email me [email protected] or someone who has my number, call me. Cell reception is spotty out here so if I don't answer, leave me a voicemail.

Thank you. I hope the Jeppson's are holding up well and that we can help them.

I hope none of us is ever confronted with a devastating fire or other catastrophe, but I hope that if we are, we will help raise each other up. Amen.

Attached Files:

2. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Very nice Lisa, and real pretty dream catcher!

3. Lisa M

Thank you John. I love making them. I usually give them away because I really do put a part of my soul into them. Selling them just feels weird. But this cause is worthwhile. And being as I won't get any of the money myself, I'm good with it.

I had to choose carefully because if I'd chosen one of the ones I have that has migratory bird feathers on it, I couldn't sell it at all. ;) Best to stay out of the way of that particular law. :)

4. Lisa M

And also, if there are any unregistered people viewing this thread, y'all can email me if you'd like.

5. I will start it off with a $100 bid !!!

6. Lisa M

I could so <b>SERIOUSLY</b> hug you Tim. Thank you. Truly. Huge hugs. ;)

7. Lisa M

Just checking in...no bids received via PM or e-mail. Yes, I admit I'm "bumping" this. My apologies to other sellers and I hope the moderators won't zap me. ;)

If anyone is interested, I can also create a new custom dream catcher. Some of my favorites are ones I've made for specific people from specific birds from specific hunts they've done. You just send me the feathers and whatever else you want on it. ;)

8. RDA

RDA Active Member

wow,,,NICE GAL and Guy!!!!

9. Lisa M

Thank you Ron. :)

I have an email from someone...current bid is $125.00 :) ;)

10. Lisa M

Still at $125 via email. ;) One day left to go.

Here's hoping the Jeppson's are getting along and putting their lives back together. ;)

11. Lisa M

E-mail bidder wins. I'll be contacting her with the Jeppson's donation address (Richard and Karen Jeppson, Account #705723768, Idaho Central Credit Union, 544 East Benton Street, Pocatello, Idaho, 208-478-3300, www.iccu.com) so she can send them the $ directly. I'll get her address so I can send her the catcher. ;) Cool beans.

12. Thank you again Lisa and your generous bidder, with your donation for Richard and Karen Jeppson!

13. Lisa M

I was contacted by the winner of this catcher. They say "Hi.. I won a bidding at the taxidermy site for your dream catcher. It was to benefit a family. I've been trying to balance my checkbook and one of the reasons is that check never cleared Persevering face.
    I'm certain I put the correct bank address on there.
    It's been a few months and I know the item is worth more than what I paid so I can either return it to you or send you a money order for the benefit amount and maybe you can locate this family???
    Ive already put a stop on the check... Please let me know what to do. The catcher is still in original package."

Does anyone know how we can get this money to the Jeppson's? Please?