1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hot Fox Squirrel

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by linder, Jul 16, 2012.

1. linder

linder New Member

I had a fellow bring me a fox squirrel that he had hit a couple of weeks ago ,At first he didn't think that he had hit it but on his way home three hours later he saw it the temperature was 106 [we would have to brake a new record that day] ,anyway I got it put it into the freezer then waited a few days took it out sprayed it with stop rot and mounted it .Everything is drying great but my tail is kind of sticky ,my plan was to groom it as it dried and then with a damp rag clean it and that's gone great but for the tail. Should I just let it dry completely then try to wash it and blow dry any and all suggestions on this or what I should do will be greatfully appreciated. Thanks.

2. Matt

Matt Active Member

You could do a couple things. One would be to keep grooming it as it dries, then spray it with some windex and blow dry. Or give it a quick wash now with some pert plus and blow dry. Eitherway will work well for you.

3. linder

linder New Member

Thank you Matt,I was getting worried that no one would have an answer. One more quition ,are Fox Squirrel more susceptible to slipping than a normal gray squirrel ?