1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wolf leg repair (pic included)

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by WILDWORLDTAXI, Jul 17, 2012.

1. This is also posted in the wanted section! Does anyone have an extra wolf right front leg they can part with? I have this repair job im trying to finish up. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    [​IMG]

2. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

time to go with a whole new skin....i wouldn't go through the effort of repairing the face, legs and the tail.....

3. That's a nice wolf, any idea what caused the damage?

4. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Seriously ... that needs a new hide!

http://www.hideandfur.com/

5. Story behind it is my customer and a buddy of his were deer hunting in Canada 22 years ago. My customer went to relieve himself and quickly became the center of attention for a pack of wolves. after firing 2 shots into the air he then started shooting wolves since they were not to scared of the warning shots. He shot the one pictured and another and his buddy shot 1 before the rest of the pack left. All the animals were mounted and in there proper homes for many years. Then one day my customer went to work and so did his dog but the dog decided to work on the wolf. The wolf was placed in the attic covered by a sheet for he said at least 3 years now and after receiving his deer that I mounted he brought this to me to see what I could come up with. I made no promises and he was fine with that. I know he won't go for a new skin and I don't blame him that's why I'm searching for parts. The tail is all there and very usable and I have the nose figured out, just trying to find some hide for his leg before I have to get creative and lay him down in the snow. Thanks for all your replies!

6. Hearing all these stories of pets doing a number on taxidermy mounts makes me super glad my dogs are kept outside! LOL

It's still a shame tho, that's a gorgeous wolf! I hope you find the parts needed to repair it!