1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I don't get to mount many deer these days, but....

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by artwildcreate, Jul 19, 2012.

1. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

... when I do... I mount bigguns!

Attached Files:

2. artwildcreate

and get this crap.. Customer work order states "choice" on pose.. Just says wall pedestal with rocks.. I create this beautiful piece with a very pleasing pose.. A photo gets sent to customer, and he does not like it, and wants the head level! I frikkin hate tasteless people that are too afraid to think outside of the box.. I promise you that if we would have this displayed at a hunting show, and he would stand/sit nearby, and hear everyone drooling over it, that he would love it..

3. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

it looks much better with the head tilted and up

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I love it....

5. jkjohn

jkjohn New Member

Looks good.We taxidermist love the look because its outside the box however i personally would never do a head tilt With out contacting the customer first.

6. Bob Mead

Bob Mead Mead Taxidermy Studio, LLC

That sucks, cuz that's a sweet wall pedestal mount. I agree, some customers just don't have much vision...but they pay the bills, so if they are happy with an upright straight deerhead, so be it. But it IS awfully boring... :-\

7. artwildcreate

Well.. I changed up the hanger on back, leveled it up, sent new pic for approval.. Fingers crossed! I don't want to have to tear this apart and alter an already altered, rodded form!

Attached Files:

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

No disrespect Mikey, but I HATE the second pose...... probably cause I LOVED the first one :)

9. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

try to incorporate a branch for the ''scrape'' site ,,the left antler touching the branch,and talk to him again about this monster in rut.Liked the first one better too. Kinda' reminds me of the myriad of ways to do a duck and whatta' you hear? ''Oh just cupped ''

10. Jason R

Jason R Ph# 325-282-2527

The first one looks great!

11. SWIFFY

SWIFFY Member

Just my opinion... but the first one just looks like a crooked mount.... like it tipped on the wall.

Im not knocking the mount itself. I like the head up better, but just not without the head being level.

Like webfoot says, if you had a branch implying it was rubbing or scraping it would make more sense anyways... great buck and the mount turned out very nice I think!

12. gab

gab Active Member

same thing happened to me yesterday.just finished a beautiful aoudad 1/2 lifesize,I was so proud i sent a pic to the client and he emailed me back how disappointed he was and how the outfitter told him it would look different.nothing like having your bubble burst

13. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

He will complain that the leg is crooked. You are screwed. For all of your effort and creativity....you are screwed.

Let no generous act go unpunished.

14. i know the finished product will look killer but the head tilt makes the bruiser look " dainty ".I have to go with the customer and say straighten the head.

15. jkjohn

jkjohn New Member

That is a long leg

16. eliscull

eliscull Nov. 2011

NJ
    wow the first one is way better. It has more action in it and just looks great!!

17. artwildcreate

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Haven't heard back from him yet..

18. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Sorry Mike, but I like the first one best. Second one does nothing for me. I think your screwed. First one has curb appeal. Second one looks like he got kicked to the curb.

19. X2 leg stump way to long IMO

20. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

* will email photos of the altered form to the customer first before mounting, get's the ok, or instructions to alter more, or councils the customer on how it should be done his way. ;D