1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

turkey hanging dead

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by 24/7, Jul 19, 2012.

1. 24/7

24/7 New Member

Going to start a turkey in a hanging dead pose. It will be a floor pedestal base with the bird hanging from an old tree limb. I have done a few turkeys in a standing type pose and use 1/4 inch threaded rods for the legs. The form I ordered from McKenzie came with the drum sticks on the form and the lower end threaded with what looks to be a 1/8 inch rod. A relay good idea but not sure exactly how to hang the mount from the limb without the lower leg sliding off the rod if I just tie something to the foot to hang it from the limb. Does anyone have any suggestions or pics of how u may have secured this mount or any advice as to the process of doing a hanging dead mount verses a regular standing mount.

2. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

cut open the ball of the foot ,very small slice thread,, a domed nut onto the rod pull it tight ,making sure everything is butted up against ,i.e. body to thigh ,thigh to ''drumstick'' ''drumstick'' to lower leg. Sew the incision shut let dry sculpt the stitching,,paint

3. 24/7

24/7 New Member

Thank you Alan. Sounds good. The great thing abt the form I got, is the drum stik is molded with the form and has a threaded tap in the end. All u hav top do is screw the included rod in and slide the lower leg on.