1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Common dream hunt, anyone?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by ShadiSin, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Just wanted to see if anyone else had any more "Common" dream hunts.

For example, I want to nab a boar.

Thing is, I want a spotted, blonde or white-marked one. Not just any ol' black hog ;) I just find them incredibly cute, even if they are technically monsters/pests.

My zodiac is the boar, so I guess it's just something I Really want to do in place of that. I'd love to have a full-body hog on my wall.

I'd also LOVE to go on a black bear hunt and nab one with white chest markings for my mother, as her totem is the bear.

and for dad, a wolf hunt.

Why a wolf?

Well, hell.

That has pretty much always been my dad's dream - to have a wolf mounted up on our mantle.

He badly wants a black wolf, but I think just about any wolf would make him extremely happy, especially if I were to take him on the hunt OR surprise him with a mount, you know?

So.. anyone else have any similar dream hunts? I know a black bear and wolf may not be as common, but they aren't rare like, say, a zebra or something, so I figured I'd add them on.

Also, if there are any threads like this, please direct me to it and delete this one, thank you.

- Summer Scolaro/Shadi. ♥​

2. Pappacannon

Pappacannon New Member

I would love to go on one of those Alaska trips where you stay on a house boat and drift the bays setting crab and shrimp pots, seeing the whales swim by and hunting bear...like when they spot them and go on shore to stalk them....would be probably my dream trip....black bear would be fine...dont need brown bear.

3. Bone_thief

Bone_thief New Member

Hopefully these pics uploaded...it's my first attempt at it. I was just like you on the boar and just got him 2 weeks ago!! He was a beast!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

4. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

Just a run-of-the-mill stone sheep hunt.

5. That boar.. he's stunning.

I know a lot of people dislike them, but damn I can't get enough of how oddly adorable they are LOL. Spotted boars have to be my favorite, so I definitely adore this guy. Congrats on him ^_^

6. Bone_thief

Bone_thief New Member

Thanks Summer!! I'm like you I really like those big pigs for some reason!! I hope you get one soon!!

7. Elk, my life long dream is to kill a trophy bull elk with my bow!

8. IDForkHorn

IDForkHorn Common sense just isn't that common anymore

X2 ive got treestands up and im in a great spot to get a chance at one!

9. Yukon moose hunt!

Bruce

10. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

In no particular order.

Moose
    Caraibou (spl?)
    Sea ducks
    Ocelated Turkey
    Big Horn Ram
    Mountain Goat
    Bear
    Elk

You know, just the cheap stuff.

Oh yea and big Whitetails!
    Then to Africa.
    P.S. Don't forget Argentina duck hunting!

11. Hedhuntr

Hedhuntr Member

1. Mountain bongo
    2. Desert bighorn
    3. Brownie with a bow

12. Caribou. Don't care what subspecies. Don't care what Province/State. Then moose. Then mule deer.

13. minehill

minehill Member

A big elk with my bow! Id also like a big black bear with a bow! Last but not least a hunt in SE Iowa for big giant whitetail! Don't hurt to dream a lil!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

14. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

Mountain Lion I really want to go after a Lion

15. eliscull

eliscull Nov. 2011

NJ
    Elk is my dream hunt but only if my brother is there too on his muley hunt. Love to hunt with my bow but would do it with my muzzleloader so i could reach out a bit further. It would be my luck that a 400in would be at 100 yards and i have my bow. Just send my brother and I to New Mexico and I'll be happy.

16. Defiantly New Zealand for red stag with a bow. Just would need a few months there to take it all in.

17. nitt

nitt Member

Moose and already booked for oct 2013, also hopefully get to africa but might happen this next yearif all go through with the tv show! keeping fingers crossed

18. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah
    Re: Re: Common dream hunt, anyone?

A nice bull elk with my bow...I did dream the otherday that I slammed a nice mule deer with my boy, but right before I got close to take a look...I woke up.. haha

Droid Baby!!!

19. jbconnected

jbconnected Member

Was the boy okay afterwards? LOL

Sorry, I couldn't resist.