1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

"Judging A Book By It's Cover"

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by double barrel, Jul 25, 2012.

1. double barrel

double barrel New Member

I hesitated on posting this because I didn't want to open up the ole thread again. I have been feeling that I owed a few appoligies on here. First and foremost , to Michael P., I was WRONG to come on here and say all the negative stuff I said about you. Then your friends came on and I jumped on them. Reguardless of what I think of someone It's not right for me to judge them and say bad things about them. It's easy for a thread to go south when someone makes a remark and somebody jumps on them and off it goes. I'm not the only one. I've seen people get chewed out because of spelling, punctuation, or their position on dry preservitive. Next thing you know they get called a POS Idiot . LOL!
    Everybody uses the internet nowadays to gain in publicity and recognition. I don't know what goes on in someone elses mind, so it WAS wrong for me to jump on them. I'm oldschool and It's been hard for me to embrace this modern, hightech, electronic world we live in. Even cellphones, I can't believe how just in the last 3 years I've seen a change in the way people use them. I'll be supprised if we all don't end up crosseyed like in that Steve Marten movie. I see people walking down 3 flights of stairs, mowing grass on ridding lawnmower, driving, walking in wallmart parking lot, not looking where they are going, bout to get runned over, starring at their cell phone. No wonder people ain't seeing my yellow page add. LOL!
    I don't know anyone on here so it dosen't matter what people think of me or call me. BUT, I want to appoligize to M.P. for being such a jerk, couldn't blame you if you took out a "hit" on me. Also to antlerman, tomattoman, and all the rest, and the moderators, you should have banned my azz a long time ago. Someone said they don't come here anymore because of all the drama, I appoligize to them also, you shouldn't have to read all this crap.
    Someone said it was jealousy, I'd like to think I was better and more mature than that, but maybe they were right. I never have understood this facebook thing either, like with my own niece. Always talking about what they got or done, where they've been. It's not my place to judge them or critisize them, and I know I was wrong.
    Once again Mike, I hope you will accept my apoligy, it won't happen again. From now on, if I can't say nuttin good I ain't gonna say nuttin at all. D.B.

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

DB, if you ever meet Michael, you'll learn he's a big boy and has seen things you can't imagine. Right now, he and Miranda are likely on their way to New York to enjoy a birthday he richly deserves. I can't see him holding a grudge, though it would take an extremely strong individual to forget. What you say in haste, can often take years to erase, but Michael knows your expressions are those that all of us experience from time to time.

Now I'm gonna jump your ass for apologizing to all those people who "leave here because of the drama." That's a pure crock of crap. At no point does anyone hold a gun to your head and make you read or even open a thread. You can even avoid reading what a certain person says because the directory shows who wrote it and who answered last. They couldn't know about it if they weren't reading it to begin with. The people who make that phony claim are exactly what Yogi Berra noted when a friend asked him if he'd like to go to a local restaurant. Yogi declined by saying, " No one goes there anymore because it's too crowded." Well, if the "drama" is too great, there's a helluva lot of people here that it doesn't bother.

BTW, Ken should've banned many of us long ago as well.

3. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

X2

Just think how boring it would be if everyone stayed in line. Have to have someone go over the edge once and while...
    Makes a boring day better ;D ;D ;D ;D

DB aint many on here that haven't one time or another lost it .... ;D ;D ;D

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

No big deal DB, it takes a bigger man to stand up as you just did then to hold on to grudges for some unknown reason.

We are all just Taxidermists with different personalities, simple as that. Now go play with those grandchildren and forget the other crap ever happened :)

5. double barrel

double barrel New Member

Thanks, I feel alot better inside. Have a good time on your trip.

6. That makes you sound like a pansy ass. Jeez, just be yourself. We are all big boys here. Who gives a crap If you don't like something or someone.

7. mjvaden

mjvaden New Member

Did Somebody hack DB's account??? JK good work man! I think if you ever meet Michael you will like him. He make an awful lot of people spime every day!

8. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Some of the most fun members and most frequent contributers to this site may well have started out by posting threads theyd later like to take back and not be remembered by. Over the early years Id threatened to leave (and did) on more than one occasion, so I also hear ya. We are all a work in progress, and we all are fueled by ego, even if we dont all admit it. But we all seem to find our way and together we compliment each other. Glad to see you post this, now we can move on.

9. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I've been gone for a couple of days, but nice to get back on here and see this. Way to man up DB...But what are you talking about? See how quickly we forget. We've all stuck our foot in places it doesn't belong before...just ask George.

10. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

Tomatoes and peppers are damn near ready for pickin, I'm going to have way more than I know what to do with. I might actually have to learn how to can,,,oh well.

11. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Andy, you and Hoytman need your own advice column :) LMAO!

12. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

I don't particularly like any of you, and as I am sure none of you like me, but I don't care.. I am gonna be me, and I suggest you be you, no matter how much of an asshole you are.. LOL

DB.. kudos to you for this post..

13. Raynewolfe

Raynewolfe TY for understanding things outside our control.

Well said.

As for DB.. I of course have no clue what this is about and dont need to. I will simply say that I also agree that it takes a better person to man up and admit a mistake and move forward than to try to justify a mistake or hold grudges. Far better things to do with ones time im certain!

:)

14. Db don't feel bad at all honestly if we were all setting in a classroom like it seams most of the time this forum is like. there would be several people at home with busted lips and black eyes from me, but computers are between us all.I get popped by the same people a lot for my spelling(mostly by people I consider friends).most of the time I read their comments and laugh because if they were in front of me they would have to taxi their skin back in place.I have noticed most get irritated by the consistancy of the same question Geting asked over and over and over then it causes a spiral effect for most to go on a rampage on others.

Look at it like this you open a book and there is a beautiful naked woman just below the fat ugly one most skip over the ugly and go to the beautiful one some stop stare are the ugly one and cuss her and scratch her eyes out. People have too much fun slapping the fat one before staring at the beautiful one first.

15. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

LMAO I have no idea what your talking about lol hahahahaha, I have never flipped out o anyone right ..........ok yea I have . This was a great post Bill ,and DB like Mike said ,it takes a bigger man to appoligize than to keep with the sourpuss attitude ......trust me , anyone on here that has fished with me knows i can be a real arsehole one minute then saying sorry the next ...... I think they call that fishermans bi-polarism :) Goood Job DB !