1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

If you can't get a ribon at a show should you be charging customers

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by sportsmans dream, Jul 25, 2012.

1. double barrel

double barrel New Member

I ate a steamed clam once. I luv oysters. Eaten em raw , they're a little too snotty, but roast em in the shell in some coals or steamed on half shell, yummy yummy.! One time I walked in and this guy I know had some clams a cookin. He offered me one so I said hell yea, I'll try it. I shoulda known better, he was boiling them in an aluminum pot. That salt was reacting with the aluminum and frothing out the top of the pan, all down on the stove. I poped one in my mouth and it was a good sized one and the more I chewed the bigger it got. I don't remember if I ever got it swallowed or not, long time ago. I'll bet if they were fixed right, I'd like em. BUT, as someone said, "who cares if I like something or not?" Why don't they just change the name to "Ego-a-dermy? LOL!

All this talk about fine food is makin me hongry, I think I'll go make me a bloney samwich. lomo, I meant, LMAO

2. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    My dear old granny always used to tell me;.."Beware of friends who do not have the balls to support you in public"

Ole Granny was wise beyond her 90 years!!! Foul mouthed......but wise!!!!!

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Harry don't tell me you really tried to play that card. That's about as lame as it gets. When you have "friends" who'll only support you as long as they can stay anonymous, that's hardly "support". Most of the PM's I got were from those posting here wanting to know if you'd always been such an arrogant horses ass.

4. nickstax

nickstax New Member

ok all you keyboard cowboys calm down. its not about steak or shrimp its about ribbons that collect dust and don't pay the bills. if you do good work you will have work. if you do poor work you will be a poor taxidermist. egos don't pay bills good work pays bills and hunting trips and college and weddings. like i said good work = good income.

5. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

George, I hope you told them ever since I was born!! You simpletons can't tell the difference between arrogance and confidence. I don't kiss and tell so you're not going to get me to identify who PM'd me and i don't need you to believe that I got a single pm anyway. I have my support, you have yours. I'm happy with my guys, I can just imagine who your support is!! Lmao

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

6. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

??? What did I do beyond quoting your replies? I was just pointing out something I found humorous, and thought you and others might as well. Harry, you take things a little too seriously online. This is supposed to be good natured ribbing and poking, just like you would at a bar. Even a fancy sushi bar. I'd hate to see someone's blood pressure rise because of a silly web forum.

7. jimhow

jimhow Member

Hey DB you gonna go all gor'met and fry that thar baloney?

8. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Damn....and I was just getting warmed up. Don't end this Harry...we were having so much fun. Most would have tucked tail and went off crying by now, but not Harry. Harry has fortitude. That's fancy word for hard head. LOL Besides, taxinet needed some entertainment. Michael's not posting pictures, no-ones talking about the NTA fiasco's, Bellushi is on his meds and behaving, George hasn't found anyone to pick on this weekend, and I'm not allowed to do any work for another week. So WTH. It's been fun and entertaining, and besides.....Harry you held your own pretty good....for a redneck that is. Our pm's were in how the NTA screwed you over. I'm sure yours were not as caring and concerning towards us as ours were towards you. See, you just don't get it yet Harry. We love ****ing with you because you make it so easy and entertaining. A redneck taxidermist trying to tell the rest of us that we are missin out on the good life over some raw fish cruisine. Really Harry, think about it. It's hilarious.

9. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

Tim, it is hilarious because that's not the message at all!! Wether you believe it or not not, I mentioned NO ONES name in all my PM's except for George and all is said there was that he is a chimp! Lmao

Tim I can't respond to your pm just yet, I'm riding a future employee around trying to get his house rented before he relocates from Connecticut.
    I'll talk to you later today or in the morning...

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

10. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Man, you just got another black eye.....lol

11. davehyer

davehyer Active Member

Being confident has nothing to do with being arrogant. Real confidence speaks for itself.

12. George

Thank you Dave

13. antlerman

You guys should know you can't bridle a raging bull.

14. George

Tim you can always change them to steers.

15. antlerman

I happen to have a riggin for that.............hehe

16. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I got a cannoli!!! I got a cannoli!! I got a cannoli!!!

[​IMG]

17. I got another stinkin rock!

18. George

Michael, tell Janelli he still owes me a DOZEN canolis. A few years back, I'm in the hospital with a bowel obstruction, a vacuum tube into my stomach through my nose, hooked to an IV. John and Carol show up with a DOZEN FRIGGIN CANOLIS. FRESH FRIGGIN CANOLIS and all I can do is smell them. The nurses ate them all. They did have the decency to do it out of my sight, but he owes me replacements. LOL

19. antlerman

5787 views in just a couple of days...I'd say we all had some fun...including Harry. LOL

20. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I think Harry had the most fun out of everybody!! LMAO!