1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

If you can't get a ribon at a show should you be charging customers

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by sportsmans dream, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

I definately had the most fun!!! Thanks Mike!!! Hey George!!! Tonights dinner!!! Hahahahahahahahaha I am bragging now!!!!

Attached Files:

2. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

This is a fun read please don't start being nice now, somebody tell George he's wrong or something.

[​IMG]

3. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    Oh Well.........Just who are we kidding people........WHO ARE WE KIDDING?. It time to face reality! If ANY of us was HALF the fancy pants business executive that Harry fancies himself, NONE of us, including Harry would have wasted 17 pages of our lives trying to prove it! Lets face it....we are all malcontents, and most, if not all us regulars on here suffer from some form of psychosis

Have you noticed that NONE of the "TRULY" wealthy taxidermist are ever on here! Why.....you ask;....Because they are REAL business men, probably emotionally stable, and have no need to try and impress anybody! The rest of us.....not so much!

The only difference between Harry and the rest of us is he is in denial! He has not yet excepted that he is "One of us"! One of the masses. The great unwashed! The red necks :-\ The regular food eaters!!

I understand his desire to break free, but you can't get above your raisin, no matter how much you spend on a dinner! So come back to the fold Harry! Return to your roots! We rejoice more over one returning taxidermist than we do over the hundreds who have not strayed. Well....actually ...we don't give a $#!t, for the reasons stated above ...but if we did....I'm sure we would rejoice!

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Ron, old buddy, you amaze me sometimes. You wax so poetic and nail the truth about those in denial. Great post.

Jerry??? Not so much. What was that thing that's incurable??????????????

5. I sincerely hope Ed Hancock thanks you for taking time out of your day, going to his shop and convincing him to attend his first show. How did he like it? That is mighty white of you Harry to do that and to give him business tips.

Most guys just biatch at their competition about pricing when they run into them already at a show because they can't usually get away. Not you though....

6. Ron B

Alabama
    George...that is the nicest thing you have ever said to me! I'm tearing up........either that...or slipping back into another psychosis! Either way...I had fresh tomato sandwiches for supper. Like my granny used to say; "Don't try and get above your raisin..dumba$$" Old gal had a mouth on her!

7. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

J Brown, I guess nobody got your Charlie Brown Halloween Reference.

8. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

"" This is my depressed stance. When your depressed, it makes a lot of difference how you stand. The worst thing you can do is straighten up and hold your head high because then you'll start to feel better""

9. Ron B

Alabama
    What I said about people with psychosis!

10. kikkertinz

LMAO! I just peed a little bit

11. Ron B

Alabama
    See...I was right again!

12. kikkertinz

I'm going to bed I got tomorrow off!! Gonna mow the lawn and check on the maters!! Later gator.

13. Ron B

Alabama
    Maybe you will have one like Buckfevers.....post a pic!

14. George

Ron, are you into sloppy mater samitches? I always hated that when mater juice and mayonaisse drooled down your forearm. I like picking them when they're almost orange and they're still firm enough to slice wafer thin. Then you can eat the rind like an apple.

As a kid, we picked them for local farmers. Nothing like finding one that had turned into a snot bag and heaving it at your buddy in the next row.

15. Ron B

Alabama
    Yeah..I like it sloppy and wet George! I like a slice of cheese and then I shake about half a can of black pepper on it. No mayo though I'm a miracle whip guy! And yep...nothin better than nailing a buddy square in the head with a soft mater!!! Those were the days!!! If we could get Harry alone....we could bring him back! ;) ;D ;D

16. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Hell, count me in. When I pleyed baseball my nickname was bean. I couldn't throw a strike for chit, but I could hit the batter with damn near every pitch. ;D

17. George

Actually I'm a Miracle Whip guy as well. I keep mayo in the fridge for cooking those gay cuisine dishes that Harry prefers.

18. Must be an older guy acquired taste....nothin' better than a big slice of 'Mater, cheese and Miracle Whip!!!

19. double barrel

double barrel New Member

Hey Harry, just a tip. If you'll getcha one of those small hydralic jacks, 3-5 ton I think it is, you can make yourself a "clay press" and you CAN get more clay in those earbuts .LOL!

20. Ron B

Alabama
    Maters, cheese, miracle whip, and Raquel Welch pictures...........now that is livin the high life! We are the "one percenters"