1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

If you can't get a ribon at a show should you be charging customers

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by sportsmans dream, Jul 25, 2012.

1. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Must be an older guy acquired taste....nothin' better than a big slice of 'Mater, cheese and Miracle Whip!!!

I must have been old when I was younger. Been eatiin my burgers that was since......well.....for a very long time. LOL

2. You got that right Ron !!!!

3. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    This will be my last post on this topic (he says to thundering applause) but I have been analyzing this "sushi" thing, simply because my highly developed analytical mind allows me to do so.
    Now I know many sushi eaters and none say it is better than steak in the long run,but not one would pay what they pay for sushi for a good steak. Most would crap their britches at the thought of paying hundreds of dollars for a steak...that they all admit is BETTER than sushi! ??? SO..we are now left with the deli ma that they are either stupid...or trying to be an elitist! Like the french who pay thousands of dollars to eat fresh monkey brains! Not that fresh monkey brains is worth it...its just that the "masses" can't afford it and even if they could, would not do it, thus leaving the elitist Frenchmen with a way to separate himself from the masses!

Now I had a point, when I started this but my highly developed mind has screwed me over, but rest assured it was dam valid! :mad:

Either way...I wonder if it was called "raw fish and rice" instead of sushi would people still pay hundreds of dollars for it? HMMM

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Now I had a point, when I started this but my highly developed mind has screwed me over, but rest assured it was dam valid!

Excellent point Ron. LOL

5. Spoken like a true poet ! ::) ;D

6. Steven .B

Steven .B New Member

What a long post... Everyone had there place some will fail, some will succed in the business...I never short cut and try to make everyone happy but there is a few along the way that you will Never please. I never tried to win the blue nor compete for that matter but every year I grow bigger and get return customers.. I look at it like this, I like the green Ribbons the ones my customer give me!! If they return to me and are happy with the project Thats a Blue ribbon!!!

7. Ken said it about as perfect as can be stated. Clients will view your work and decide.