1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Here's my show mount for 2012

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Jerry Huffaker, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

I wanted to challenge myself this year to make it more interesting so I put this piece together for the competitions. She did OK at the state level, three Blues and two BOC's Masters, and one BOC habitat,but it got spanked at Nationals , second place on the cat and Blue for the tree. A great education getting critiques from the likes of, Manny Chavez, Dewayne Dewey, Tracy Jacobsen, and Brian Harness, it was like going to mini seminars with a few world champions. When I listen to them it's amazing the knowledge they posess about anatomy and The one thing I learned from all of these gentlemen is, I still have miles to go before I can sleep.

And thank you Larry Bloumquist for the beautiiful photography

[​IMG]

2. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

It is an awesome piece! Congrats!

3. Andrew L.

Andrew L. Member

Beautiful work!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

VERY NICE Jerry! Kitty and tree! ;)

5. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah
    Re: Re: Here's my show mount for 2012

Very nice indeed...I would love to endulge in a piece like that, but it wouldn't look near as nice

Droid Baby!!!

6. nice work. Love it.greetings from Holland
    Henk :)

7. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    You know I like her! ;)

8. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

they actually found something wrong with it?

9. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Oh Yeah , it has many things wrong with it, Brain hit it pretty hard at Nationals, and I agreed with everything he pointed out to me that was a little off. It recieved the score it deserved. Now it's back to the drawing board as they say and see if I can do better next time.

10. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Jerry, you are so humble. Good Karma shall surround you. Very Nice sentiments.

11. shane d

shane d New Member

Jerry,it was really nice getting to know you this year at different shows.You have a great attitiude about competing.you are an encouragement to me. shane

12. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

Beautiful piece no matter how it placed.

13. Ron1949

Ron1949 Member

Beautiful mount !

14. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

What a tree Jerry. Not to take away from the cat at all but I really like the tree. I imagine the client is very pleased with the piece. Your attention to detail really stands out on all your work.
    Jim

15. Raynewolfe

Raynewolfe TY for understanding things outside our control.

It was a lot nicer looking in person. I didnt see nearly as much wrong with it as you must have... but then again I saw more wrong with my piece than even Brian did. But he had some awesome pointers and insights for sure! I think its a curse for artists of every form/meduim. To criticize their own works so harshly. In any case, very cool piece and looking forward o see what you have next year!

K Raynewolfe

16. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Very nice Jerry!

17. dakotabill

dakotabill Member

Nice job Jerry wish I could have made it. I was trying to make it but just to many irons in the fire. Congrats on job well done