1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Building A Glass Display Case

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by R.J. Meyer II, Jul 27, 2012.

1. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

We build a lot of glass cases for ducks by using the leaded method. I have seen frame pieces either plastic or metal you can buy, cut to length and insert glass to make a case for clients not wanting to go the leaded ( $$ ) route. Can anyone recommend where to look for these?

2. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

You can get a thin copper foil at Hobby Lobby that you can wrap the edge of the glass with ("U" shape around the edge), then solder.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Try www.unitedstatesplastic.com

4. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

Thanks to both, I use foil tape on our leaded cases but for a wood duck case we charge $350.00 and some clients are looking for a less expensive case. I thought I had seem some sort of plastic rail system in a catalog at one time where they had plastic pieces that slipped inside the rails at 90 degree angles much like putting up a tarp or tent with metal poles but plastic inserts to hold it together.

5. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

either McKenzie or Van Dykes did carry the plastic frames at one time but I don't believe I've seen that for a while. What abouit silicone for the corners. If you keep the bead small and are careful its not real noticable. I pay the company that cuts my glass to do the joint work and it looks fine.

6. Rodney Harper's Pure Country Taxidermy
    P.O. Box 608
    Beebe
    AR
    501-425-6876

he has some nice plexiglass cases at affordable prices.