1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Light shaving work for local NC Taxidermists

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Rhino, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Rhino

Rhino Too many irons in the fire will put the fire out!

I am offering the Shaving of pickled skins ONLY. Krowtan skins welcomed. NO RAW SKINS!

NO pickling or tanning done by me. Not equipted for this.

NO large skins over 10-lbs or so. NO russian boar.

Skins shaved while you wait. Free instruction with shaving and tanning tips. Tips for rehydrating and pickling can be given if needed. Can only shave a few skins in a day, up to about an hours worth. Cant do large orders.

Location zipcode-27597- Zebulon, NC

Please dont respond on here. Any questions, call Aubrey @919-457-2198

I know there isnt much of a need for this, but it might help someone thats a little behind, or someone that wants to learn a little more about shaving, or tanning. THANKS

2. I wish you were closer. I'd be all over this!!

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Maybe Aubrey can get a travel trailer for his truck, and start a route around America. Work his way through a vacation. ;-)

4. Rhino

Rhino Too many irons in the fire will put the fire out!

Wish I could T, but I cant shave much anymore. :'( Im good for short bursts, but more than that, I have to eat pain killers, and cant hardly walk for a day or two.

I have a lot to offer someone just learning the machine, and am really offering this service more for the instruction, than for the few dollars I will make.

I am never going to release that instructional video. Knowing what I know about about shaving, it would be dis-honest on my part, to take peoples money, knowing
    it impossible to learn to shave from a video. Shaving is something you have to learn, HANDS ON.

5. Dang Aubrey,
    This almost is admitting that you cant handle this kind of work. You are really offering instruction and the few hides you can actually do would be more of a demo than anything else. Have you thought about just charging for the class and throw in the hide or three you do as part of the package?

6. little elk

little elk Member

SD
    I like David's idea, works for me!!

7. hounddoggy

hounddoggy Member

GLAD TO HEAR THIS !!!!