1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Which OTS Form size do you want to see next?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Rudy Eppley, Jul 27, 2012.

1. 7 3/4 x 22 x 24

26.1%
  2. 7 x 17 x 18

26.1%
  3. 6 3/4 x 16 x 17

6.5%
  4. Other ( list below)

5.4%
  5. 7 x 19 x 21

35.9%
  1. intohunting

intohunting Member

AZ
    I had (3) whitetails this year that were 7 1/4 x 19 x 21. They were from Missouri (all looked like 2 1/2 year old bucks).

2. Most of the deer that I mount a 7 1/4 X 18 X 20 will work just fine with some being a little tight and some being a little loose.

3. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Uhm how about every size from

7 x 16 to 8 x 24 in upright L/R/S and in semi sneak L/R/S....that way I wouldn't need to buy anyone elses forms....or at least VERY few.

4. millardtaxi

millardtaxi JOHN 3:3

Wasn't trying to throw to much at ya at once.... But I'm with Jim!!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. Matt

Matt Active Member

The 7 x 19 x 21 would be great. I get alot of wts in around that size. Clients love the offset as well. Keep up the great work Rudy, guys are really loving the look and they mount up really nice!

6. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    I hear you Tim, I'm done with the days of paying $50 for a form and $35 to have the thing shipped to me. Speedee has never been over $6.

7. Tim were still Planning on putting something out west, not sure where yet.

I know it wont be this season, but after next we probably will, Its kind of all difficult because around the same time we plan on moving out of the old Buckeye building and building a new shop closer to Home at the family farm.

As far as a 7 1/4 x 19x 21 goes that would be super easy to do too, because all we have to do is take the swell down an inch and probably the midneck a little too.

8. Jim nailed it, We want all sizes, I could only find 1 manikin i can use I'll be calling you soon.

9. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

I cant understand how I can be the only one that wants the bigger sizes , my average deer mount is anywhere from 7 3/4 x22x24 to 8 x 24 x26 with my early season deer being the smaller no swell sizes . I just had to order two 8 1/4 x 23 1/2 x 28 6900'ers when I would've really rather slapped them on the OTS any day of the week . Rudy , are there ANY plans on doin the bigger sizes in the future or does it just seem to you that there just isn't the demand for them. According to THIS post it looks like Me and maybe one or two other guys are looking for the big forms but thats it....and a couple guys are getting in bucks from the same area's so this makes no sence to me . The only thing I can come up with is I do my own tanning and I shave my capes thin and get back the original size where some are sending them out. I guess this where my inexperience shows :-\

10. I send most of my capes out to be tanned and take a carcass measurement before they go. When they come back they are sized and 95% of them match the carcass measurement. Must be my clients are not shooting the older deer like yours do Fozz. That doesn't bother me because the smaller forms cost less and don't take as much time to prep or use as much glue.

11. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

BIGGER BIGGER BIGGER!!!

Start w/ a 7 3/4 x 22 x 24 and go up from there. Everybody wanting a 19 x 21 can just shave some swell off of your 19 x 22 for now. Easier for them to take foam off than for me to put foam on. ;)

12. bowhunter132

bowhunter132 Member

how about some elk forms!!!!!

13. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

...and a panda bear, and an orangutan, and a giraffe!!!

14. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch I hunt therefore I am.

Id like to see a 24" Orangatang.

15. BMHET

BMHET Member

71/2 ×22 and bigger for me. My average is around 23 or 24.

16. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

shipping cost is the problem.....do need a speedie delivery availability

17. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

How is shipping cost a problem? OTS forms are no bigger and no heavier than other forms on the market. Maybe it is because I don't have Speedy in my area, but there are often ways around high shipping costs.

18. Hogholley

Hogholley New Member

I'm definitely voting for the smaller size!! These little guys down here are small, Think all I use are small liners, lol. Love your semi-sneak 7x18, most of my e-n measurements are in the 6.5 to 7, but when I get out of state deer in semi-sneak you bet I call y'all. I'm with Jim, too, just make every size.

19. IDForkHorn

IDForkHorn Common sense just isn't that common anymore

X3, lots of big ones in idaho!

20. LOL this things taken off since i checked before leaving for work.

Spee dee shipping vs all others is ridiculous no doubt about that.

Its quite frankly one reason were staying smaller sized, i can bring a trailer full of forms and sell them at your shows that are in the spee dee area, but as soon as i go home thats the last time i hear from people until they pre order at the next years show. It sucks but i dont blame you guys the shipping price is just stupid when you ship ups or fedex.

I can tell you this though were waiting for spe dee to move more into Missouri like they tell me they are planning, and were waiting to get a little bigger, then we will set up another place to distribute product from.

As far as the 7 3/4 x 22 im surprised its that big of difference in voting, however it appears its second choice, but no worries guys it will be the second size we do after whatdver the winner of the vote is. The 7 3/4 will actually be quick to make because we can use the big 7 1/2 as a base. So even if it comes in second i wouldnt worry about it getting done quick