1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New world record P&Y lifesized mule deer mount.....288" monster

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by sugarcreektaxidermystudio, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Here is pictures of the new world record P&Y mule deer taken by Cody Robbins of Live 2 Hunt in Saskatchewan, Canada. Hope you enjoy this great animal even a portion as much as how much I enjoyed mounting him......Marco

Attached Files:

2. another photo

Attached Files:

3. and another photo

Attached Files:

4. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah
    Re: Re: New world record P&Y lifesized mule deer mount.....288" monster

Wow!!!! That is one amazing deer..awesome job on the mount also.

Probably one of the coolest muley mounts I have ever seen.

Droid Baby!!!

5. Those antlers are INSANE!

6. coyote4

coyote4 Member

Beautiful job Marco! You did the deer justice. That is a breathtaking buck. Cody was able to get the hunt on film and has it on his new dvd,fyi.

7. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

Very Nice, Marco! Any chance of larger pics??

8. Sorry Paul

I'm not sure how to make these photos any larger....Marco

9. cattrax

That's OK. I like your base. What did you do there?

10. Antlers, mount and base very impressive good job

11. Awesome animal and mount.

12. falco

falco Trapping is fun

Having seen that mount upclose Mark,,
    It is one freaking awesome Deer, Mount, pose, grooming, fence, rock, everything,, man that was great.
    Feed us more with your beautiful work.
    Cheers

13. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Beautiful.

14. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Marco ... well done, my friend. Well done!

15. VERY nice! Love that mount and base work. Saw that buck in eastmans...what a giant and a great story. Great job as always. Down the road-

16. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Nice mount Marco

17. Ron1949

Ron1949 Member

Wow! what a rack,beautiful job!

18. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Beautiful deer! Beautiful mount! Love the base, everything.

19. Paul....Wanted to go with a smaller habitat base so the deer would be the prominent feature and the habitat base hopefully would not detract from the mount. The main base is rock covered (McKenzie rock mix) and covered. The deer is mounted with one leg attachment and the deer is mounted with a square male/female recepticle that goes down through the rock base. The deer slides off the base quite easily other than it is abit awkward.....especially if I am trying to lift off on my own. The fence post is a post that I have had in my shop for years and I have been waiting for that special mount to use it in...an this was it. It has some great lichen growth with orange colors which I picked up with some buck brush at the base of the post. I tried to get some nice flow in the mount and to tie the whole mount together with some simple fall colors, earthy tones in the rock base, fence post and the colors in the bucks hide. Originally Cody wanted the deer jumping over the fence but after talking it over with him, we decided to mount him landing on the ground to allow the head and rack of the buck to be eye level so anyone looking at the deer can really appreciate and see the 14X16 rack completely.

Hopefully that explains what you were looking for. Thanks for the compliments everyone......your work is what inspires me. Ultimately, the creativity that I see in each Breakthrough magazine really inspires to be as creative and artistic as possible.

Marco

20. cattrax

Good call on your part. It looks great. Hope to see you next spring.