1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Uber Tanning

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by turkeyjim, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Does anyone have any sort of contact with Uber Tanning in Minnesota. They have a order of mine and I'd like to check on it.
    I've tried to contact them on several occasions with no response. I know they moved, but the phone number I call says the mail box is full. Any info would be nice.
    Jim

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Never heard of them, sorry. Where were they located? 3bears

3. Ham Lake Minnesota
    Jim

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Old Fart has a contact I think.

5. thanks George I'll check.
    Jim

6. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

www.uberleather.com

7. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Thank you, Jim and George. I had not heard of them before. 3bears

8. thanks George, I had the web site, and the new phone #, but the answering message board is full, and their not returning calls. It's been 11 months they told me 8 mo. I'm getting concerned. Just wondering if their still in business. I sent an email to them, I just hope their still around.
    Jim

9. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

All my contact info was for the old address in Owatonna, MN. It's news to me that they moved up to the Cities.

10. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Well that sucks Jim. I was hoping for an honest company to get buckskins tanned. They are less than a 40 minute drive, if they are located where I think they are. 3bears

11. I had some buckskins done by them a few years ago when they were in Owatonna and never had any problems. Their leather is a little thicker than some so is best for heavier items (e.g. not driving/shooting gloves). From their web site it looks like prices went up when they moved to the big city. Hopefully service didn't go the other direction. I sure miss the old Mid Western Sport Togs in Berlin, WI...

12. Still no response from them. They won't answer emails, or the phone. I will never use them again!!! Just a warning to all taxidermists, this place has no customer service skills, very disappointed.
    Jim