1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

HABITAT OF THE MONTH!----August

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by cattrax, Aug 1, 2012.

1. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

I really enjoy this habitat thread, so decided to start up a new one for the month. Love the different ideas and techniques. Hopefully everyone will contribute and keep it going. Here's one that left yesterday.

Paul

Attached Files:

2. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Old rock.....

I have a friend that had a couple of old, fake Home Depot rocks in his drive way. One day he ran one over......so he gave it to me. So for this gaboon viper mount (50 x 12) I built the support with 2x4s then I started to cut up his fake rock and assembled it to fit the pose of the snake. I finished the cracks just like I do with Quik Rock (sheet rock, paper insulation, vermiculite, water mix), and then painted it.

:)

Kerby...

[​IMG]

3. IDForkHorn

IDForkHorn Common sense just isn't that common anymore

Thanks alot cattrax, it completly skipped my mind, i also enjoy this thread, really like it, sweet mount kerby!

4. very nice work guys..

5. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

Very nice on the speed goat, however, I'd loose the skull and horns, IMO, that ruins the whole thing.

6. saddlehorse_98

saddlehorse_98 Member

great mounts

7. Ron1949

Ron1949 New Member

Beautiful work !

8. diggitydave1

diggitydave1 Taxidermy and Golf, both will drive you Crazy!

nice prong horn

9. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

tree

[​IMG]

10. cattrax

Nice Jerry! I've got a couple different mountain lions to do and both need to be in trees. Been thinking of building trees. I have access to juniper but you sure have to look at alot of it to find the "right" one.

11. cattrax

Little Mexico Coues. The rock is Dale Manning's habitat rock. Kerby Ross' cactus pad.

Attached Files: