1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Migratory bird permit

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by IDForkHorn, Aug 2, 2012.

1. IDForkHorn

IDForkHorn Common sense just isn't that common anymore

Ok so this may sound like a dumb question, but ive found the permit fill out sheet and i can't find any kind of price, am i missing it or is there not one????

2. goducks20

goducks20 New Member

3. Carter

Carter New Member

How would some one go about getting a Migratory bird permit?

4. jwprentice1

jwprentice1 New Member

Just fill out the application and mail it along with the fee to Migratory Bird Permit office for whatever region of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service you reside in.

5. BRTX

BRTX New Member

Following the above link, and a few other "clicks", I found the following statement: (e) Term of permit. A taxidermist permit issued or renewed under this part expires on the date designated on the face of the permit unless amended or revoked, but the term of the permit will not exceed five (5) years from the date of issuance or renewal. Does this mean the Federal license is good for 5 years? They do not give a specific time frame, other than the 5 year max.

6. Yes, the permits are now for 5 years, they increased the price and time a few years ago.

7. Am I dumb?? all I have been doing is going to the post office and buying the migratory bird stamp and putting it on the top of my license! Is there more to it than I know? ??? ???

8. mcrib1981

mcrib1981 New Member

Charlie these guys are talking about a permit to possess migratory waterfowl belonging to others for taxidermy or whatever, not the hunting stamp. I can see how the topic would throw you off though

9. Sheewww!! Thanks for the clarification!! Had me sweating for a min! Lord know I can't afford any fines for anything illegal!!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire