1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Las Vegas Beginner

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Lordanton, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Lordanton

Lordanton New Member

Hello all,

My name is Mark and my girlfriend wants to get into taxidermy. Her birthday is the 30th of this month and I want to get her a starter kit. I found a few good squirrel ones online but my question is where can I get the skin to mount in Las Vegas? Can anyone help? Thank you.

2. irishme

irishme New Member

Hello,
    It does not have to be a squirrel to start. Really a racoon is easier to start with.
    I would also suggest she start with a shoulder mount racoon,coyote,oppossum,etc.

Let me know I can help.

Steven
    Timber Ghost Taxidermy
    660-413-2231

3. We have a salt dryed black squirrel or a wet tanned coon, salt dryed muskrat?

4. I would have to disagree with the statement easiest thing to start with being a raccoon. I just got done doing one and been doing taxidermy for three years now. I started with a squirrel but the easiest I have found so far is a whitetail deer. The easiest pocket book wise is a squirrel. But each person has a different opinion. You can do a squirrel with virtually no tools and a real low budget. Good luck in whatever you choose to start her out with.

5. Kevin Jaramillo

Kevin Jaramillo New Member

Re: Re: Las Vegas Beginner

Do her a favor get her some how to videos,rick carter a through z,micheal ps videos or maybe others may have some ideas but get her some quality videos and maybe she will take to one animal or another bud....good luck way to be supportive

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

if you want to get her squirrels, I sell them taxidermy skinned 3 for $60 and that is postpaid. they are skinned with the tail bone out, but the head and feet left in, frozen raw, and delivered that way. they are a cheap enough item she can mess some up and not be out any great amount. anyone else want any, let me know. I won`t ship singles as it is just not monetarily feasable due to the low price.