1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Eye Movement

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by willdlifereborn, Aug 10, 2012.

1. willdlifereborn

willdlifereborn New Member

Just a question for some of you guys who know more about bird than me. I have a competition idea but I need to know if a duck can close one eye while keeping the other eye open. I have been googling it for awhile and have been getting lots on the visual planes but not about the eye movement any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

2. spencer2

spencer2 Member

The only time I can think that a duck winks is when he/she is scratching their face.

3. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

yes they can

4. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

Yes we can! Ducks sleep with one eye open during daytime, this is because they can watch out for breadcrumbfeeders.

5. lee tees valley

lee tees valley tweety luvva.

;D ;D 8) ;)

6. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Birds do it all the time, especially when they are almost completely relaxed but wanting to "keep an eye out" (literally!) in case something requires their attention.

7. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

like bread crumbs!

8. willdlifereborn

Alright thanks guys I thought so but I sure couldnt find any proof on the internet last night so I decided to post here which I should have done in the first place, But thanks again :)

9. My pet woody does it all the time, may have a picture, if you need. I'll check when I get home Sunday.

10. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

LOL!!!

11. willdlifereborn

Yogi a picture would be great plz post if you can get one for me!!