1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

concerned customer

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by lonewolf44, Aug 12, 2012.

1. lonewolf44

lonewolf44 New Member

Anybody else out there had a guy drop off a mount and then call every week to see how its going :D :D :D cracks me up everytime

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Wait until you call HIM to come pick it up and you'll see what most of us have learned about these types.

3. Yeah I understand you on that one I have this one guy who does the same thing each year calls a few weeks in and then when it's done takes a few weeks to get paid, love it.

4. millardtaxi

millardtaxi JOHN 3:3

The ones who never call or bother you are Johnny on the spot when their work is done, on the other hand the guys who bother the crap out of you will have every excuse in the world when theirs is done.... Lol happens every time

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. I got one that that calls me to see if I got it capes out then of I ordered the form. Or how's things going with his mount. So guess what I do. I move him to the top of the list and when it's done he is there to get right away.. with cash. Thank god he is the only one.

6. Oh yea all the time, but when it time to pay you, where are they??

This year 50% on drop off and 50% when their mount is at the top of the list, if they dont pay it drops to the bottom of the list!

7. gab

gab Active Member

i like the ones that bring it in and then call every day changing turns and poses.

8. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

Re: Re: concerned customer

Is it ready? Is it ready? Is it ready? Is it ready?...It's ready.....uh, I'm gonna need a few weeks to get the money together.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. Ugly buck

Ugly buck New Member

How about the one that calls after a week or 2 and decides they cant afford a shoulder mount & ask's for a european mount instead, and really needs to get back some of the deposit because the wife said they have bills to pay and of course this is after you have already skull capped it . I told him just come get it @ no charge I keep the cape and you can figure out how to do a european mount out of a skull cap

10. A NON REFUNDABLE deposit of 50% is requiered before any parts are ordered and your time in line starts when the down payment is made.

11. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Yep, tell them to come get it less the deposit. Hand them the form eyes and cape. It's done! Now leave me alone.

12. Ron1949

Ron1949 New Member

I get some that call a lot, they say oh just checking on the progress and it hadn,t been a month since they dropped it off !

13. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

It's a good bet if a client rubs me wrong, I will be too back logged to take his mounts in the future, if you know what I'm sayin'. I weed out one or two every year.
    Also I don't turn down payment in full up front but I tell em' all, It's just like Fed ex or Ups, I do expedite mounts but it's a $75.00 fee above and beyond the mount fee. I have takers on the expedited fee but it seems like the few who call and harass are the ones who don't pay the fee.
    A buddy of mine says he knows a taxidermist out west who's shop policy is " if you call me within' a six month period immidiately following drop off of your mount, you'll find yourself being moved to the bottom of the list ". WOW!
    I have to say I've been truly blessed in my career as a taxidermist. I'm in my 10th year and I have never been stiffed on a mount. I've been paid every time and I've never had to wait longer than a couple weeks for pickups. Granted, I have had a few difficult clients and I know my time is coming.
    Best, Steve

14. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

15. scandler

scandler New Member

steve, just wait its a comin. there lowlifes out their everywhere :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

16. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

50 % extra for putting a mount 1st in line, or next; paid up front in full. I accually have had clients pay it over the years but 99% will leave you alone after you tell them that. Be honest about delivery in the first place and write it down on the invoice. "9 to 12 months from date of 1/2 deposit recieved" or whatever. Make them sign it. The cheap and price shoppers will aways be the worst customers. Get rid of them right off by charging a decent price in the first place.

17. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    I have a good friend call me every few weeks is my oryx ready, is my oryx ready? I finally got pissed off and asked him when his ford truck breaks down and oh it breaks down alot that if he called the garage and bugged them every day to see if it was ready. He said no and has not called me in a while now. Lets see if he answers the phone this weekend when it is ready for pick up.

18. Arduckaholic

Arduckaholic New Member

WHATEVER you do if your just starting out even if they know that, cut them NO slack!!!!! I made that mistake and have a bobcat with 100% my money in it ready since february...... Still lookin at it