1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

advertisement at bottom

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Allie, Aug 13, 2012.

1. I love it and will consequently be purchasing a Chevrolet Silverado as my next new car.

5.6%
  2. I wouldn't drive one if it were the last car on earth.

33.3%
  3. I would never buy a new car, even taxidermists aren't that stupid.

44.4%
  4. Since it began pestering me, I bought one of those stupid Calvin and Hobbes rip-off decals showing h

5.6%
  5. What pop-up ad?

11.1%
  1. Allie

Allie Active Member

About that pop-up ad... does anyone on here ever click on it (other than accidentally)? Does it entice you to purchase that product? Does it have the opposite effect? Have you come to despise all Silverados as a result of closing it several times a day? Do you think the advertiser is getting anything out of it? Do you think they care?

My apologies ahead of time to the forum operators and moderators. I understand you need income and if you think the advertiser will be upset or won't enjoy seeing the results and you feel the need to remove this topic, then do as you must.

2. Bluffcountry

Bluffcountry bluffcountrywoodworks.com

I'm usually against ad blockers, but they really need to work on targeting the right users. I have adblocker for this forum because the ads are not targeted at me personally. They would probably make more money if they had Google Ads...but that is just my opinion.

3. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Those pop up ads are the best thing ever - IF you are selling ad blocking software.
    I finally got mad enough to go to the Google store and download Ad Block for Chrome. What a relief! They're finally GONE!

4. Wouter

Wouter Member

These adds are extremely irritating :mad:. I have no problem with adds in the margins to make some money for the forum operators, but I HATE those obnoxious pop-ups, which should be made illegal.

Wouter

5. EA

EA Well-Known Member

What ads ?

My next truck will be a Chevy.. Might be the 2036 edition, but it will be a Chevy.

6. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

2036?
    (I find myself wanting to click "like" :p)

7. exoticswan

exoticswan Jessy Riley

lol

yea the adds don't do much for me i don't know what cars got to do with taxidermy but okkkk