1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

how long running order?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by RusTax, Aug 14, 2012.

1. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    Hi all! Guys, imagine a situation, the customer comes to you and brings 30 birds in the job ... Tell me please, somebody, what terms to manufacture order you give in this case?

2. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Depends on the sise of the birds , i would go for aleast 4 to 5 months waiting time

Snowy

3. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    Ranging from teal to the Canada goose :)

4. snowhare

snowhare New Member

A FRIGGEN YEAR ;D ;D ;D

5. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    year for the entire order ? :eek:
    from me to want to get in two months ;D

6. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Was kidding if i realy had to do this i could mount 2 to 4 birds a day , so easy in just 2 months man eazy , just do not sleep do not eat and do not rest in between peace a cake :eek:

Snow the hare

7. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    I agree ;)

8. Bowhunter18

Bowhunter18 New Member

Snowhare,

You mount 2 to 4 birds a day from skinning, fleshing to mounting per day by yourself ?

9. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Yes why , thats normal over here , skinning, washing , mounting all by my self , i am just used to that , ask Daniel from Iceland how fast i work , he nows he was shocked by it lol ;D ;)

Snow

10. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

I got a customer drop off 13 birds and a friggin squirrel(hate them) im doing them a couple at a time to keep him happy. Cant imagine 30...

11. igor

igor Member

I use to do 3 -4 birds a day. Not any more. Retired now and do one only. Then working on my backyard ;)
    [​IMG]

12. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    Guys, thank you all for your replies, really helped :)

13. I do wholesale and retail customer work so we mount 6-8 duck sized birds a day, 3-4 geese a day. I don't like to jump from ducks to geese! That is just mounting the skinning & other prep is done prior. Generally spend 3 days a week mounting, if we are behind we work in an extra day for mounting. My crew can skin, flesh & wash about 15-20 birds a day if need be, normally we run about 10 a day and mount 20 a week! But when you mount large orders (like for us, doing wholesale) we may have 50-100 birds from a single client. So while you are doing all the prep and mounting there is still other wet birds to be groomed and dried birds to be finished. That is the process we run, flows good with my guys and we stay busy!