1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A little bump in the road

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by luv2bowhunt, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Could have been worse, was just the middle finger and didn't get to the knuckle but almost did. I am glad I am mostly caught up on my work just that it's going to drive me crazy having to wait for it to heal up to where I can start getting some things done. anyone else have anything similar happen to them?

Attached Files:

2. double barrel

double barrel New Member

Ouch! What happened? Fleshing machine?

3. You should give a class on shop safety at the Iowa show!

4. It actually happened at my regular job. Pneumatic cylinder was stuck open and didn't realize it and when I went to move the part it snapped shut. I had everything locked out that was in the written procedures but come to find out this cylinder had been piped with a separate air source not connected to the main air lock out. So I did everything I was supposed to according to the safety dept. We do this job almost everyday just happened to have some different variables come into play that day. Like I said, it could have been worse. There was enough room there that I could have had half of my hand in there.

5. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

Holy crap man!! That looks horrible.

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Ouch! That hurts! But with your attitude I am sure you will come out of this a better person.

7. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

looks like the index finger got a little touch too...very glad it wasnt as bad as it could have been.

take good care of that injury you dont want MRSA or worse..

8. Ouch!! You are luck for sure! My sister in law just got her finger caught in an automatic post pounder and they had to take 1/2 of her middle finger :/ Hope for a quick heal! :)

9. Matt

Matt Active Member

That looks sore! I hope it heals well for you and you are back to work in no time.

10. Thanks guys, it is still pretty sore and I do keep it cleaned and protected. I have to soak 2-3 times a day in anti-bacterial solution until it completely heals over the end. Then keep up with PT to make sure it doesn't lock up on me. It will be a bit of work but it'll be worth it. My 6yr old and 8yr old have really stepped up and been a big help whenever I have needed it so I'm blessed there. Can't wait until I have another pic for GHOTW.

Ben