1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Would you say I have a coyote problem?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by buckmaster14, Aug 20, 2012.

1. hounddoggy

hounddoggy Member

if i lived there the town would have an anti freeze shortage ive seen 2 fawns this year they are ending deer in my area.

2. eliscull

eliscull Nov. 2011

NJ
    i placed a trail cam on a den and in just 2 weeks they killed 11 fawns and brought them back to the den. had a big coyote that i saw then got a pic. his paw print was bigger then my fist and the local fish and game stated he would be a state record. we have killed some big ones but still not him. some 70 78 82 and a 72 pounder. the big one was a good 10 to 12 inches taller then the rest. problem with them is that they are a bread that regulates the size of there pack. If they are a big pack then the females have few pups..if the pack is nocked down then they have more pups. so killing the females is a big help and get that alpha is a plus!!

3. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

You putting those coyotes on a scale or guesstimating we have so monster coyotes here in Ohio/Michigan and I've never seen one break 50lbs. Not starting crap just asking. Alot of 300lb deer you here about . . . not. Either way a good coyote is a dead coyote. :)

4. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

you are in need of some quick shooting rifles or shotguns if close by them. Get on it quick, that is way to much danger to your deer herd there.

5. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

If you get caught with a rifle in your shoot house during bow season, you're in BIG trouble! I have a guy that traps them live here and sells them to fox pens. He can't catch many, they wise up to traps quick. When I was a kid, we used strychnine laced bait for controlling them around livestock. It would take out an entire pack of wild dogs or coyotes in one night. I remember hauling off 11 mangy dogs one morning.

6. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Ha ha how come , they look like a thing ya seen before lol [dried]