1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I've always wanted to mount one of these

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Daniel M., Aug 27, 2012.

1. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    Well I finally got my chance this past Saturday! It was a pretty rough skin to work with because the fur was so "loose". But, it's still a beautiful male Siberian/Eurasian Lynx :) I have several friends with zoos and have been fortunate enough to have had direct contact with these awesome cats, but I never thought I'd ever work on one, because of how rare they seem to be.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This skin had almost all of its fur before I mounted it, but it just kept falling off. I had to let it dry overnight before I could groom and fluff it. Thankfully the show side held up better than the back side...

[​IMG]

2. It looks incredible. Your talent never ceases to amaze me.

3. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

what a great looking cat and another nice mount to add to your collection

4. Been after one for years now, there like rocking horse turd.

5. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Great save Daniel!

6. Brian gordan

Brian gordan New Member

Very nice cat what kind of habitat are you going to put it in

7. Daniel M.

Ohio
    Thanks guys :) I'm just happy that he went together and dried good so I don't have worry about him anymore, lol

He is actually going to be descending a rock mountain looking at a pine marten in a tree below him. It should look pretty cool!

8. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Very nice. I'd love to work with some of the stuff you do. Guess I need to make some friends in the Zoo industry.....LOL!

9. Brian gordan

Brian gordan New Member

Verry cool would love to see it finished

10. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Very, very nice Danielson ;)

11. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Awesome job Daniel !!

12. Daniel M.

Ohio
    Thanks guys! It's always good when I'm not the only one that likes my work, lol ;)

And thanks Mr. Blaine, I was just thinking the other day about how you helped me bring those 11 animals to the last world show. I wouldn't have made it there without you and Hunter. So thanks again!!! :)

13. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with this species, but they're beautiful. They look a lot like a bobcat, but different in the face. The eyes are much more open and round than a bobcat's. Is this typical with this species?

14. Daniel M.

Ohio
    This one does look a lot more like a bobcat than a lynx. The eyes aren't always that large, this one just had a huge head, without exaggerating, it's every bit at big as a small leopard or mountain lion head. Thats why his face looks a little strange attached to such a tiny body. This is what they normally should look like...

[​IMG]

All the males have big heads, but this is a very relaxed pose.
    [​IMG]

15. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Thanks. That helps. I'm just not used to seeing the tops of the pupils on bobcat and them having less round eyes, but in the 1st reference picture you posted it looks like you nailed it as usual.