1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Gator Hunting with Bubba!

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by psycho, Aug 27, 2012.

1. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Well it's a great time to hang out with Bubba. We had a blast. We had to work our asses off to get this gator but we finally came across a descent one. I think the gators are to afraid of Bubba and they run and hide now. ;D I did end up harpooning this 10ft gator and Bubba stuck another harpoon in him just in case because the hunting was hard and we didn't want to lose him. After getting 2 harpoons in him, Bubba pulled his ass up and hit him damn near perfectly with the old bang stick. The gator folded right up in the water and then we had to get it into the boat. Good thing Bubba is strong. Bubba put up with me for quite a while and took me salt water fishing as well. I caught a freaking stingray and it was awesome. I couldn't believe how small it was and how hard it fought! Great time and can't thank Bubba enough for the great time! Bubba even caught a cotton mouth and threw it in the boat so I could get some reference pics. That was cool too. All in all just an action packed great time, the whole time! Did I mention I have a live snake lose in my truck somewhere and I can't find it. LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    At least this is the one thats lose in the truck somewhere. LOL

2. Congrats! Who you got to stuff that big bass-turd? Lol

3. bubba z

bubba z New Member

You couldn't have picked a worse week of weather to come down but we still got it done and it is still raining but we made the most of the poor conditions. It's a rough life down here in the Florida woods but I seem to get by alright .

4. crittercraft

crittercraft A venti caffe' mocha vodka valium latte to go plz

GA
    But the other one would be way easier to find ;)

5. psycho

Bubba is it even possible to have a bad week? We had a good time. Rebecca, I'm blaming it on the scorpion, she helped the damn thing escape. LOLI could always just blame it on Yox, he should be use to getting crap blamed on him. LOL :) Andy I figured you were going to come down and volunteer your time to mount the damn thing with me. LOL :)

6. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

It looks like a nice gator. Bubba sure does it up right doesn't he? Glad you had a great time and was able to get one in the boat. After wrestling a gator a little snake in a truck should be a piece of cake.
    Ralph

7. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Set fire to the truck....the snake will leave.

8. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

I like your thinking! lol

9. Brian gordan

Brian gordan New Member

Wow you and bubba are crazy i want to hunt a gator one day

Verry nice gator guys

10. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Awesome!

11. bubba z

bubba z New Member

Ralph he got bit by a snake and had crabs when he left to go back home .

12. psycho

Boy ain't that the truth. I had some explaining to do when I got home. :)

13. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

So did you get the crabs and the "snake" bit in the same place?
    Ralph

14. psycho

Nope two different nights and 2 different locations. LOL ;D

15. I'll come down and help ya out if you take me bow hunting. :)

16. psycho

I look at 31 acres Friday so maybe I can get some free help and you can bow hunt the property too. You do know you have to work before you can play though right. LOL

17. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Where's the 31 acres? If it has carp or gators on it I will help you with anything you need.
    Ralph

18. psycho

Ralph this 31 acres is about 20 minutes from my other property that you were at. It has some GREAT whitetail hunting on it. No gators or carp on it but we could whitetail hunt, coyote hunt and kill fish too. :) Oh and find some time to work. :D

19. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Did you find the snake yet? Maybe hes still in our driveway, you KNOW if it is, Rebecca isnt going to let you know, lol. Glad we had a chance to visit for a bit...you missed a good dinner though buddy...

20. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

Wowsers that gator looks HUGE ! Sounds like ya had a great time , glad to hear it !!! Take care