1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

California Blacktail

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by DL, Aug 29, 2012.

1. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I got this 3x3 tonight.
    [​IMG]

2. bigrubs07

bigrubs07 October 26,2007 148 gross P/Y points, 230lbs FD

nice buck--------GOOD JOB!!!!

3. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Congrats!

4. Matt

Matt Active Member

Nice buck! Those are on my list with a bow, maybe someday.

5. reddogloki

reddogloki New Member

Sweet, when does the season for blacktails start out there?

6. DL

DL Well-Known Member

July, crazy huh? This isn't a columbian blacktail. They are on the western part of the us.

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Nice shoot'n DL. He's a dandy.

8. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Glad to see you chasing deer DL. Looks like a pretty one! How did the knee take the hunting?

9. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

Nice buck. What part of California? I grew up in and hunted Marin, Napa and Mendocino counties .

10. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I was hunting on my property so there wasn't much work. I live in the Sierra foothills about 30 miles east of Sacramento near Placerville. I was able to get my Samurai within about 40 yds of him. I'm so out of shape from the surgeries I about puked trying to lift him my vehicle. The 25 th I'm headed to Oregon for Mule Deer so I'll get a workout there.

11. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Congrats DL! Nice Deer.

12. Nice buck DL! Good to see you out in the woods after what you have been through.

Bruce

13. sealow

sealow Member

That's a nice blacktail DL, I've been chasing them all over D5 & D6 the last few weeks, made some stalks on some dandy ones but the moment of truth never happened, but of course I'm hunting public land ;). I have a few friends in the Placerville area with some land as well, I bet you know them.

14. saddlehorse_98

saddlehorse_98 Member

you mean you can still hunt in california? really nice deer great job.

15. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

Congratulations DL. Rifle season for California blacktail opens on the 15th of Sept. & goes to Oct 21st. If you want an Elk or Mule deer you have to enter into special drawings and you only get a tag after you reach enough points, waiting for years to get a tag.