1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mangy Bears

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by jt, Aug 29, 2012.

1. jt

jt Member

PA
    We have some trail cams out and are getting pics of a lot of bears...mostly with mange. The only color-phase bear I've ever heard of in our part of the state-north central PA-also has the mange! From reports I've heard, there's a lot more guys getting pics of mangy bears, also. Years ago you never heard of a mangy bear, but now, I think, because of a rapidly growing population of bears around here, when one gets it many of the other bears eventually get it. We have maybe 10 different bears on cam and all but 2 have it. It's a shame...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bigrubs07

bigrubs07 October 26,2007 148 gross P/Y points, 230lbs FD

That is a shame.

3. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

look at the wrinkles on the side of that bear. Could you imagine what the judge at a show would say if you did that to a mount?
    Ralph

4. RageofAnath

RageofAnath Will make art for money or dead things.

That's so terrible. :(

5. Did you happen to let the pgc know about this terrible situation

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

6. X2

7. jt

jt Member

PA
    The game commission knows but it's all over around here. One warden put some of the blame on the guys putting food in front of trail cameras for the spread of mange, but these pics were taken a few days after we first put the cameras up so they had it way before we put anything out. I guess he thinks bears don't mingle anywhere but in front of trail cameras.?

8. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

Same here, back in early July they had to put down 2 cubs that were very weakened from it. The sow and her third cub were fine.