1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Timber rattlesnake head.

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by Todd B, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

It is a bit early to look for this because I have no actual measurement just an estimate. But I am going to need a cast of a timber rattlesnake head preferably open mouth if we can find one. I am estimating the snake to be about a 4 foot timber rattler. If anyone has one or knows where I can get one I would appreciate the information very much.

Todd Buchanan
    [email protected]

2. B2L

B2L New Member

Yeah for some reason the better majority of forms are wdb forms.. and the heads on those babies are double a timber... Mckenzie sells them.. Measure the head first..
    http://www.mckenziesp.com/Rheinlander-Snake-Heads-with-Mouth-Inserts-C262.aspx
    Eric

3. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

That is the problem, there is no head to measure. That is why I am looking for one. Thanks for the reply though.

Todd B

4. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Well that makes it easy Todd! :D Go to the Research Mannikins catalog and order a 1.5" X 2" snake head (SH-45-9) and you'll be ready to go! I just looked over at my 52" Canebrake and his head is about that size. ;)

5. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

Thanks Perry. You were the next person I was going to check with. This is the snake I called you about early last spring. The customer finally decided to bring it to the shop.

Todd B