1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Glen Conley Passes Away

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Quality Taxidermy Supply, Aug 29, 2012.

1. davehyer

davehyer New Member

He was a very helpful frindly person. He went out of his way to help who ever he could. Sad news for sure.

Was his death related to the accident tha the had some time back?

2. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Condolences. Sad to hear.

3. Very sad news, I was just thinking about him this morning. RIP Uncle Glen

4. bw

bw New Member

How bizzare......I was thinking of Glen this morning. Just reflecting on some conversations we had a couple years ago regarding whitetails.

I don't get on this site much any more, but the front page got my attention. And it's sad so see someone like him go.

Condolences and best wishes to his family.

Glen, tell Karma Goose we said hello!!!!

5. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

RIP Glen, we never spoke but I always enjoyed his posts. He was truly dedicated to his art.

6. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch I hunt therefore I am.

Such a shame. At least he was fortunate enough to "borrow" a few extra years since back when he was sick and on deaths door. RIP Glen.

7. Sad news, prayers for family

8. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

God Speed Glen, thanks for everything you have done for us.

9. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

Thats too bad , I wish I could've met him in person, seemed like a very nice guy.

10. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Sad to hear. Glen and I had become friends over the last 4 or 5 years. He wanted replicas to be mounted using his mannikin's. Of course I told Glen whatever he wanted was his for the using. Loved it when he would call and tell me how he was giving everyone hell where he was staying. About a month ago he PMed me and said he was ready to go with his project. Told him to call me and we would get it going. He never called. I wonder now if he took a turn back then. It was cool to see him working from the nursing home. True to himself right up till the end. You will be missed ole buddy. I sure hope someone thinks to put his tools in the box with him. I got a feeling he will need them on the other side, cause Old Glen ain't gonna stop teaching, sharing, or educating. One of the industries true pioneers in my book. Glad I somewhat got to be included in his life. Hate to think about him no longer being here with us. Take care old man. I'll catch up with you soon and we'll finish that project.

11. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

See ya on the other side my friend :'(

12. RIP Glen. I always enjoyed your posts and willingness to share your vast knowledge.

Bruce

13. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Sad news. R. I. P. Glen

14. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

Much sadness. Rest in peace sir.

15. RDA

RDA Active Member

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,3611.1890.html

Who DIDNT feel honored to be characterized by Glen in this LONG TIME RUNNING thread. :-[ This place was so the better with him around, as was the world, and our industry.

16. boxerpet

boxerpet Harry Paulson-grateful

So Sorry to hear of his passing. I will always treasure the hand sketches he sent me when i was ill.
    Condolences to his family and rest in peace my friend. Your contributions to our industry will long be remembered.

17. rodlrock

rodlrock Mold Maker HQ Taxidermy Supply.

Glen you will be truly missed!!!!! RIP buddy

18. Boy, talk about a heart ripper. God Bless you Glen. I sure wish I could have spoke with you one last time. He was selfless with his help and his guidance. Some challenging questions and pictures we exchanged and he pushed me to study more and more the animals I enjoy mounting so much. Had many a long late night discussion and will relish them always. Hadnt spoke to him in a while. Thank you for the inspiration to put in the perspiration to do things right! Rest in peace Glen - We miss you badly already!

19. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Active Member

Ohio
    Man that is so sad to hear !!
    I remember years ago when he would show up at Buckeye Mannikins to pick brains and share his ideas. He was amazing. We would be testing all his supplies. He was always coming up with something. When he would call, I remember Josh hollering at me that I had a phone call and it was the "Genius ". LOL Thats what we always called him. HAHA I also remember he had a product he came up with that he called Cam-L-C. He told Cary & I what it stood for, I laughed so hard at the meaning but Cary didn't, LOL. Anybody else know what it stands for ?? HAHA
    Awhile back I won the auction for the raccoon drawing that Glen drew himself. Boy, am I glad I won that !!!!
    You will be missed Glen !!
    Everybody look at it this way. Look how much smarter the people in heaven just got !!! Every angel will know deer anatomy now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!